Sanke fermenters?

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

homercules

Sanke fermenters?

Post by homercules »

Greetings everyone. New to the forum and returning to brewing after a 7 year break.(Too long, I know)
I recently was given four 1/4 barrel sanke kegs in thanks for helping to deep clean the basement of a restaurant. I am thinking about using them as primary fermenters. I have already pulled the valves and dip tubes, but I am not sure what to use as a stopper or plug.
Cleaning and sanitation shouldn't be much trouble, I like the steam sterilization from the sabco site.

Any help would be great.

Bottled: Procrastinator Porter (AKA Lordweiser)
Kegged: Bell's Two Hearted clone
Secondary: Double Mocha Porter
On deck: Deschutes Obsidian Stout clone, and an esb for black and tans with the mocha
homercules

Post by homercules »

An update to the previous; only 3 of the kegs are usable, one has a 3' crack (found this after flooding my garage with oxy clean solution). To further narrow my question, is the snap ring groove something I should have milled off, or just make sure it's clean, and not worry about it. I think the groove is above where the stopper actually makes contact, but I cant tell for sure.

Again,any help would be great.