the lady likes Zima

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

steve linda

the lady likes Zima

Post by steve linda »

has anyone got a recipe, or knows where to ge one?
maltvault
Light Lager
Light Lager

A Thought

Post by maltvault »

I found this article so far, I am still looking for you though.
First, Zima has a very low amount of actual malt, and is not completly a naturally brewed product. To remove any trace of color any fermented portion of the beverage is force filtered through a very fine micron filter. This filter is capable of filtering out a great deal of the color, flavor, and body found in normally brewed malt beverages. Flavors are then added back in the form of citurs flavored extracts. The Coors website does not specify if they are natural or artificial, but I susspect you could find that on the side of the bottle. There is about 20 grams of carbohydrates indicating to me that some sugar is present. As a comparison, Coors banquet has half the carbohydrates, which I susspect in Coors banquet are the dextrines which would have been filtered out of the Zima. This all means the sugar is added after all the yeast has been removed by filtration and the product must be stablized and then force carbonated and counter pressure bottled (and canned). On the few occations when I have tasted this drink I have noticed a slight nuri-sweet flavor. I would not be shocked if there is a bit of artificial sweetner in Zima, but I can't say for sure.
maltvault
Light Lager
Light Lager

Found a Link

Post by maltvault »

http://www.stoutbillys.com/stout/recipe ... D06DEF.htm

try that, or do a search for cats meow on google.com
Good Luck,
MV
steve linda

the lady likes Zima

Post by steve linda »

maltvault, thanks for the info. on Zima. Didn't know it would be so articially brewed.
We are new at brewing beer. Have done some wine. If Zima recipe can't be found what would be
the possiblities, of a lager citris flavored beer?
Do you think it would be possible to get a beer, crisp like Zima but not miro-filtered?
Thanks for any assistance you can give. We will try those web sites you suggested.
steve and linda
maltvault
Light Lager
Light Lager

Zima Like

Post by maltvault »

You could make Rhinos Basic beer, or Beer for Janice which are both light beers I have made and add citrus flavor to them via extract, or you could add 3-5 lbs. of cane sugar to give it a prohibition twang. I made a cider once with 10lbs of can sugar, and only 2 lbs of malt which was Zima Like. I bottled that last year and I use it to start my yeast. I've got my ear to the ground for you though.