Need a Grain Mill

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

Need a Grain Mill

Post by andytv »

I've decided to toss out the Corona Mill (and all of the modifications that I made so it could produce a decent grind).
I've looked into the mills that are on the market and am unable to make a decision on a new one. Heres what I want;
1) Double roller design,2) adjustable grind width 3) large hopper, 4) easy to motorize. What do you guys think??? Suggestions?
jwkempo

JSP grain mill

Post by jwkempo »

I just bought a JSP mill. He has two models, one u can adjust, the other u cant (that's the one I have). I like it alot. Easy to use, cranks well. I can crack 20 pounds of grain by hand in about 10 minutes.
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Make your own

Post by dartedplus »

I wasnt happy with the crush I was getting at my local brew store so I'm making my own. Back about 5 months ago there was an articvle here at beertools about making one, so I drew up some plans and made one. Actually it will be finished in a couple of days. If you get in touch with Jeff who is one of the people running this site(I think) he is in the process of making and selling them. He gave me some insights into making my own but would not give up any proprietary info. If you like to do woodwork, give it a shot, if not, ask him how much he wantsw for the prefabbed kits.
arkiteqt

JSP maltmill model AA

Post by arkiteqt »

I just purchased the maltmill model AA, it is adjustable at both ends of the roller, rather than just one end. I had to order direct from the manufacturer because the local shops never heard about the double adjustable model. It only cost $165 including shipping which is still $50 less than what local shops were asking for the single adjustment model.