Wyeast Activator

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Phobos
Light Lager
Light Lager

Wyeast Activator

Post by Phobos »

Has anyone else tried the new WYeast Activator? I have been using it for the last half dozen batches and love it. I get fast fermentation and great finishing gravities. Down to 1.005.
richanne
Light Lager
Light Lager

That's interesting -- more info?

Post by richanne »

As we mentioned on another thread, we've been using the new White Labs nutrient with similar results. Wonder if the new Wyeast Activator packs include a similar active nutrient. Do they say on the package what specific nutrients are included along with the yeast?
Richard and Anne Brady
Brady's Homebrew
http://www.bradyshomebrew.com
Phobos
Light Lager
Light Lager

WYeast Activator

Post by Phobos »

The Activator has a 100 Billion yeast cells on average. Also, 'malt and nutrients' is included. I assumed it was the cell count. It has more than triple the amount of other liquid yeast's. That and the slap packs I've bought are only a couple of weeks old which helps. :D :D
Last edited by Phobos on Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phobos
Light Lager
Light Lager

Explosive yeast!

Post by Phobos »

It is a vigorous yeast for sure that activator. . The beer started fermenting yesterday after a few hours of pitching, and bubbled and frothed hard...Well This morning it had blown the airlock completely off and bubbled all the way down the glasscarboy! Woo hoo! :lol: :lol:
B Stein
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by B Stein »

I used one a couple weeks ago.

The thing swelled to capacity withing 2.5 hrs.

I had activity in my airlock within 2 hrs of pitching.
Work is the curse of the drinking class....Oscar Wilde