In search of great recipes...

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

Forbinsbrew

In search of great recipes...

Post by Forbinsbrew »

I
Forbinsbrew

Post by Forbinsbrew »

After traveling for months to homebrew and beer tasting events, we found that we were not going to be able to amass the amount of recipes that we intended for this book. A kind brewer suggested checking out some homebrew forums on the internet and here we are. If you have any recipes that you
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I have a recommendation

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Jason,

Perhaps you should devise a method where all brewers submit a recipe on a given form. The form should contain certain criteria,

Original gravity, final gravity, type of beer, whether it is extract / partial mash / all grain. Also it should contain brewing steps. Type of grain / extract used, a note about the brew once it is made etc
"I drink therefore I am"
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Good point here.

Post by jeff »

I think a very good point is made here:
I have been so disappointed whenever I buy a book only to find out that there are just a few all grain recipes (the type I brew).
I have a book that contains recipes where every recipe is provided with three versions: extract, partial mash and all-grain. I feel that this is a great idea and makes the collection appealing to a wide audience of brewers. I personally think that this flexibility is even more important than the quantity of recipes in the book.

For what it's worth. :wink:
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Forbinsbrew

Post by Forbinsbrew »

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback. This will help a great deal in putting the book together. Afterall, this book is for homebrewers like yourselves and it won't work if it isn't put together to fit your needs. Any further feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
richanne
Light Lager
Light Lager

Word of caution

Post by richanne »

Anyone who wants to submit recipes in the hopes this thing is for real, by all means. But whatever you do, do NOT send any money. If he tells you your recipe was accepted, but later that they need some money to finish paying for printing or something, so they're asking all contributors to kick in a few bucks, DON'T DO IT. There are so many publishing scams out there (i.e. send us your poem for consideration in our next anthology) and they usually wind up asking those hoping to be published for money. Send in your recipe, sure, but don't send money, and don't send your bank account information.
Richard and Anne Brady
Brady's Homebrew
http://www.bradyshomebrew.com
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Good points,

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Rich and Anne,

I am sure that Jason is on the up and up, but this makes everybody think about what colud happen in any situation ... there are so many people out there waiting to take advantage of unsuspecting public ... it's a shame where we have gotten to as a society ... Thanks again for keeping an eye out for us all and making us think ...

Regards,

Paul.
"I drink therefore I am"
Forbinsbrew

Post by Forbinsbrew »

I
Forbinsbrew

Post by Forbinsbrew »

I
Last edited by Forbinsbrew on Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forbinsbrew

Post by Forbinsbrew »

We'll be accepting recipes for 2 more days (until March 18th), then we'll begin to make our decisions. Thanks for everybody's help.

Jason