Supplies in NJ

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

stoneybrew

Supplies in NJ

Post by stoneybrew »

I recently moved to NW New Jersey (Sussex Co./Passaic Co./Morris Co.) and have been trying desperately to find a homebrew store anywhere in the area. Hoping there are some NW New Jersey brewers out there who can help me. I'm also pretty close to the NJ and PA borders so anything in the area would be great.

Or, does anyone know of a quality online ingredients supplier who does a good job of sending temp-sensitive stuff (hops, yeast, etc.)? Noting worse than getting an already popped smack-pack in the mail.

Thanks in advance
~SB
Sisu
Light Lager
Light Lager

On-line

Post by Sisu »

I like www.morebeer.com. Good prices, quick service, no charge shipping if you spend >$49.

Tim
joemez
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

heres where i go

Post by joemez »

I use Listerman.com
I believe he is out of Ohio. My shipments are always fast(I live in CT), packed nice and prices seem good. free shipping if you spend over 40 bucks or so.
bigdosgood
Light Lager
Light Lager

Try this one

Post by bigdosgood »

www.austinhomebrew.com They have pretty decent prices and fast shipping too. If you are more than 2 states away they reccomend an icepack. check them out and let me know.
David
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

My recommendations are ... (close to you)

Post by Azorean Brewer »

SB,

I live in the upstate of SC (Greenville area) I predominantly use two supply houses. My number one choice is www.homebrew.com (Homebrew Adventures out of Charlotte NC) these guys pack all of their liquid yeast with an ice pack free of charge. They ARE the BEST in my book.

However you asked for someone close to you, and the other HBS I use is www.grapeandgranary.com (The Grape and Granary) out of Akron Ohio, not too far away and they have a huge selection, they are also the cheapest I have ever found. Good luck with either of them.

Paul.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Where in CT ?

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Joe,

Where in CT do you live, I used to live in Southwick MA. and work in Windsor, now live and work in Greenville SC.

Paul.
joemez
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Where I'm at

Post by joemez »

East hartford, which is a bit south of windsor.