Headed for London

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Headed for London

Post by Freon12 »

Any suggestions on the beer to track down while England has to put up with me for a week?
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Gawd Yess!!

Post by Gravity Thrills »

I envy you! The Real Ale tour of England my wife and I took a decade ago was a highlight of my life.

In London, be sure to get as much Fuller's and Young's varieties as you can, as well as that wonderfully sulfery Draught Bass. Some of my favorites around the rest of the country (some you;ll find in London) include Ruddles Country Bitter, Flowers, John Smith's Courage Director's Bitter, Gibbs Mew Bisshop's Tipple (From Bath), and a bunch more. Get a bottle of Worthington's Shield as well if you can find one -- and one for me, too!

Cheers!
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Oky doky

Post by Freon12 »

What is the rule of law on transporting a bottle(or keg)?

I'm on non-concord commercial business class.

S.
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Beware the keg!

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Say no to keg beer in England. Stella Artois, Tennent's, Carling's, and
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Hidy ho

Post by Freon12 »

An IPA on engine today and a couple of britts drained it straight away. ( a good endorsement perhaps).

Hefe, honey blond and red ale on hand.
All yummy and very popular.

I'm tired now, it was 90 in the shade.

Sweaty goodby for now.
S.
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

too many pubs, but if you still have time.......

Post by Fraoch »

Freon, if you can, go to London bridge station and hop on the train to Tunbridge Wells, get directed to the Pantiles and ask for the Sussex pub,its just round the back, if it hasnt been yuppifyed, the ceiling is still covered in chamber pots and the Harveys best is THE best you will get, made from locally grown Goldings. The pubs full of locals and is a great pub,youll ,love it.Here you can still get bottles of Bishops Tipple from behind the bar and many other rare tipples, including your white label.Ask for Jerome or Ben Clegg and tell them that Gavin owes them a drink.havent been there for nigh on 10 years buit have GREAT memories.Hope you can get there, one of the best watering holes there is!

have fun Freon,

Gavin