Should we go in on this together?

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Should we go in on this together?

Post by Push Eject »

dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

WOW

Post by dartedplus »

Nice system, we should incorporate, the 1st 25 people interested!!! But who would be the brewmaster??? You know the old saying....Too many cooks...
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Dream Fodder

Post by Gravity Thrills »

If the system was a 7-barrel system, I'd probably be lining up some financing and putting in that Siebel applicatilon! The lone 15-barrel brewpub in my neck of the woods has a huge seating capacity, and they still do not move their beer quite as rapidly as they would like. Sweet complete system, though
Stretch

Hmm...

Post by Stretch »

I live in the middle of wine country, and the local Grange Hall is for sale cheap. There are tasting tours every summer weekend; the girls could drop their husbands off...
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

not fair, site down for maintenance

Post by Fraoch »

But ill be back!!!!!
Brewer2001
Double IPA
Double IPA

Nice system....

Post by Brewer2001 »

To all,

This looks like a real nice, complete, system. The only thing I see is that it is a combi (mash tun over hot liquor tank)which is nice for small systems but under sized for 15 barrels. They do list a hot liquor tank, but I did not see one.

I agree with GT, the beer business is rough. Things are big, heavy and have to sell in a timely manner.

Well its off to the brewery for me.

Good brewing,

Tom F.
bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

in my back yard...

Post by bredmakr »

This system is for sale in my neck of the woods. A couple miles from my house actually. Going to go talk to the seller tomorrow. Need help with questions like why the combi mash over lauter tun? That sort of thing. I have already determined where it came from and that it was last used in Jan 2000. Has been in storage for three years. Can things go wrong with it sitting in storage that long? any input is greatly appreciated.

Mike
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

seen it, but still no bids!

Post by Fraoch »

If noone bids and it HAS to be sold i am prepared unreservedly to bid the total of AS$100.00, thats $50 to you guys.howzat for a bargain? The wifes gonna kill me!
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Increase in the cost of dreaming

Post by Gravity Thrills »

The brewhouse still has received no bids, but the starting bid price has mysteriously jumped from $24,500 to 51,500! I think the seller was hoping for a bidding war between a couple of prospective buyers and panicked when no bids came in that he would have to let the thing go for so low a starting price if somebody finally made a late bid. I can appreciate the seller's frustration in getting back 1/10 of what he paid for the system, but 50K is less eye-popping for us dreamers now.
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Generally

Post by dartedplus »

I dont know, but ususally when you dont have any bids you lower the price a little to get some interest going, besides, with an item like this, I wouldnt bid till the end anyhow, to avoid a bidding war and pushing the cost up
Brewer2001
Double IPA
Double IPA

Have you seen it yet?

Post by Brewer2001 »

Mike,

I would be interested in the system if it was useable. The brewery that I work in needs tanks. I don't feel comfortable in buying an item this large and specialized with out seeing it first and having a 'home' for it when it arrives. Please email me at tjflanagan@covad.net or call me 425-481-2794 (home) 206-240-9064 (cell). I live in Seattle, there is a 2 hour time difference.

About your questions. A Combi as a mash tun over the hot liquor tank. The system was designed to save space in smaller brewery installations. The plus is that it helps to keep the mash temperture 'up' but this comes at the expence of having enough hot liquor to brew and sparge on hand. The tank is generally just enough water to complete a brew with none to spare.

Things that could be wrong: the steam boiler (do they have hard water in your area) was it drained completely? Were the tanks and kettle cleaned (CIP) with caustic? Is there any 'beer' stone or rusty welds in the tanks, kettle or HLT? Was all of the glycol drained from the cooling pump and tank jackets? Was the heat exchanger back flushed and caustic washed? What condition are the transfer hoses? Are all the parts there (valves, tri-clamps, pumps, glycol control unit, temperture probes, water filters, CIP fittings, etc.)

Let me know. I may still be interested.

Tom F.