King Kooker Model#

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Budcar

King Kooker Model#

Post by Budcar »

Anyone using a burner with a sanke keg can tell me the model to use.
Sven
Light Lager
Light Lager

Big BTU's

Post by Sven »

It's all about the BTU's The higher the better. You'll want at least 150k. If you can find 175k-180k that's great. I don't think I've seen a unit higher than that. No specific model number, these things are a dime a dozen. Costco, Wal-Mart, etc. cleverly disguised as turkey friers.
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Dude -- where?!

Post by Push Eject »

Alright, Eric, where do you find those?!

Ollie
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Sources...

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

I couldn't get ahold of the industrial supplier that I got my burner from, but a quick seach resulted in:

http://www.morebeer.com/

Search for model #H210. This burner looks like it was made by the same manufacturer as mine. The only differences I could tell are it is 200,000 Btuh (mine is 225K) & 21 jets (mine has 24) and it is $69 (mine was $89). They do offer a propane fired model, but I would not use it unless you have a bulk tank ! You would go through a ton of little tanks. Besides, natural gas delivers at a higher pressure and you get more Btuh/# gas and it is MUCH cheaper.

Eric
Mesa Maltworks
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

225K Burners....

Post by Mesa Maltworks »

The highest rated burner I've seen is 225,000 Btuh. They are cast iron, have 24 brass jets in a staggered concentic circle, weigh around 18 pounds and cost me $89 each. I use 3 of these on my pico system when I brew outside. They come orificed for natural gas. They make a high pitched, fairly loud, "jet plane-like" roar unlike the lower pitched roar that the turkey friers make. You have to be very careful when mashing with one of these babys! Since they can bring 1 bbl. (31 US Gal.) of wort to boil in ~12 minutes, you can imagine how fast they could scorch a mash! Good full port ball valves do a good job of reining in the power adequately.

Eric
Budcar

Understand

Post by Budcar »

The reason why i'm asking is that my brewshop has one
of those king kooker but the keg didn't fit on it, the ring was too big.thanks for your info.HappyBrewing!