What cha brewin'?

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

What cha brewin'?

Post by bredmakr »

What is everyone brewing right now?
I just pitched an IPA all grain. Thinkin of a Red Ale for St. Patric's Day.
How about you?
stouts
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Dry Irish Stout

Post by stouts »

Got a Dry Irish Stout going at the shop right now, but a red ale does sound good. Maybe that'll be next.
Jay
bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

extract, partial, all grain?

Post by bredmakr »

Did you post your recipe?
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Fallow

Post by jayhawk »

Right now I am idling the brewery. This is the first time in 6 months that I have not had anything going, so I have a large stockpile of beer to see my through. However, this week I will be picking up the goods for a honey PA and something else, maybe a red rye beer.
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

25 Gallons in the Closet

Post by Push Eject »

An English-style barleywine, an American brown, an American pale ale and a cranberry mead, although I really can't take credit for the mead as its my wife's.

Thank God I ordered that counter pressure bottle filler.

Ollie
scruz

experimental

Post by scruz »

Well I took my Beertools recipe for Rye Red and increased the time of boil for hops, I used WL Irish Ale yeast. No starter, it was the ready to pitch stuff. Next, will be my Febtoberfest ready in march. Im drinking a very Chocolate Porter, very cascaded APA, and a nearly flat Belgian Wit that nearly failed. Cant complain about the Wit though, all very tasty beers. Still learning and Ive been brewing for a while now. Best to you all. Cheers.
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I just bottled

Post by dartedplus »

I just bottled some Rauchbier and an Irish Red, that should keep me for a while. I have some ingredients, but havent decided what I'm going to brew next. Plus, I'm kinda waiting until I put together my mash tun. I "acquired" a keg and am in the process of "transforming" it to suit my needs. I still have to get some of the parts and the pump. For now I might go without the heating loop and just use it for recirculating, we'll see.
Later,

Ed

Later
Ed
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

APA

Post by Gravity Thrills »

I'm clearing a good old-fashioned, over-the top Perle/Cascade APA, to be kegged on Thursday. It was the first - and probably last - batch Idid using that Fermentap inverted carboy dealie. Everyone on the board who cautioned that the outlet is too small and the slope of the carboy neck and shoulders is just not right is correct. I lost at least a gallon of beer trying to remove break material and yeast!

Next session will be a double bill, with a malty American amber ('Bermuda Triangle Amber') and an insanely hopped IPA ('Rabid Mongoose').

Cheers,
Jim
zeno
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

American Brown

Post by zeno »

I have an American Brown Ale just in the bottles, a rasberry wheat beer that I'll chill this weekend, and a flat porter.. Everything's ready for the late winter warmer, but I'm trying to get all my bases covered, and mill the grains somehow (no mill and the HBS is only open on weekends)..

An American brown was my first beer, and this one has been designed to my personal tastes.. Brown Ales ae by far my favorite beer, so I dump a lot of time into them..
canman
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

kit beer cream ale

Post by canman »

I just finished a Brew House kit. Cream Ale. It is most excellent. My allgrain setup is not quite ready so I'm using wort kits for now. That Cream Ale is surprisingly good. I have many new friends because of it.
johnbarley
Light Lager
Light Lager

Nut Brown

Post by johnbarley »

Nut brown ale was bottled a few weeks ago and at the same time a pale ale (which turned out flat read post below week ago or so no luck with shaking) Nut brown is awesome. Had a side by side test with commercial brand and my taster enjoyed mine! Not bad for my 2nd batch (these were from kits not ready for all grain yet!) Oatmeal stout and a pre prohibition style brew is next in a week or so!
Stretch

On a roll!

Post by Stretch »

Yesterday I brewed a Strong Scotch ale, and transfered a California Common that I brewed last weekend from the primary to the secondary. After brewing for three years (extract), these are the first brews for which I used a yeast starter, and it seemed to do its work a little faster than in previous batches. I plan to do a Porter next weekend (Papazian's Goat Scrotum, for the fourth time).
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Next recipes on deck ...

Post by Azorean Brewer »

I have not brewed in sometime now, maybe 3-4 months, busy with other necessary projects that could not wait. Anyway I am an all grain brewer, nothing going right now but have all the ingrdients in the freezer or fridge for 2 double batch brew days consisting of

My Marzen/Oktoberfest recipe "Autumn in Bavaria" and My "Azorean Brewer's Harp Clone", following that will be my "Mocha Porter" (My wife's favorite) and "Intense IPA" or "Haufbrau Helles", will decide on the IPA or Helles a day or two before hand. All of these recipes can be found in the archives.

Cheers,

Paul.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

wait a minute?

Post by Freon12 »

I know your afraid to get dust in your beer right? Hee, hee.

I thought you were going to put Beertools wit at the top of the "to do " list!

Anyway, I'm in the same boat with you, and it looks like two more months :(

Cheers with the store bought!
Steve
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

hmmm...

Post by Gravity Thrills »

We have to figure out a way to get some homebrew to the sleep-deprived Daddy, or else Store-bought Syndrome may claim yet another victim!