B-Day Beer recipe help

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

Team Beer
Light Lager
Light Lager

B-Day Beer recipe help

Post by Team Beer »

Rapidly approaching is a milestone birthday for myself. As a way to celebrate this a friend and myself are planning to brew a Schwartzbier. I see a few recipes in the DB but wondered does anyone tried these or know of clone recipe that is pretty close to a Kostritzer ( All Grain ) ? Any help would be great.
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

The Schwartz is with you...

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Happy upcoming B-day. I see from the contents page on the Szamatulski's "Beer Captured" book that they have a schwartzbier recipe. I don't own that book, but maybe you can get yourself an early birthday present?

You can probably get pretty close just from the style guideline...

Commercial Examples: Kostritzer Schwarzbier, Kulmbacher Monchschof Kloster Schwarzbier
A lager that uses judicious amounts of roasted malts for color and dryness, but not enough to impart a burnt flavor. Moderate bitterness from hops and roasted malt with a distinctive dry bitter-chocolate palate. Medium body with a malty aroma and low sweetness in aroma and flavor. Dark brown to black in color.

Good luck. Brew it like you mean it!
Jim
HardcoreLegend
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Voodoo Clone

Post by HardcoreLegend »

I don't know about how it would compare to the Kostritzer, but I have a clone recipe for Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager. It is super tasty. When I am able to properly brew a lager beer, I will be making that one.
Team Beer
Light Lager
Light Lager

Hardcore....

Post by Team Beer »

Heck any help would be great, is the recipe in the database ?