HEY FREON...

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

HEY FREON...

Post by dartedplus »

Hey freon, I need for you to email your info to me so that I can take care of that "transaction"....hopefully today.
Ed
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Busted!

Post by Push Eject »

Ah ha! Caught in the act cutting a side deal, huh?!

Both of you must now sip yeast slurry.

Ollie
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Oh Yeah

Post by dartedplus »

its not the same as our deal!!! mr smartie pants.
which is done
Liquid Blur
Light Lager
Light Lager

Yuck!

Post by Liquid Blur »

The word vomit comes to mind! lol what does that stuff taste like anyway?
Brewer2001
Double IPA
Double IPA

What Yuck?

Post by Brewer2001 »

LB,

In the absence of a lab and all the test equipment most craft brewers taste their yeast regularly. As well as the wort, green or bright beer and packaged product. Some of the majors and regionals went through a period where no one tasted beer from the production run, it may meet specs but does it taste good?

Clean viable yeast has a nice acidic smell and taste and a light tan color. If any ingredient that you encounter in brewing that makes you want to vomit it should not be used in your brew.

Good brewing,

Tom F.
Liquid Blur
Light Lager
Light Lager

Yucky!

Post by Liquid Blur »

LOL,
I've tasted my wort and green beer. Guess I'll have to try the yeast now! Start taking shots of yeast slury lol. Anyway, my post was meant as a joke, but i'm sure you knew that. Take it easy :) LB
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Yumm....

Post by jayhawk »

I sure love a tall glass of Irish moss in the morning. Somedays I'll switch for the isinglass finings just for variety.
Gravity Thrills
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Drink more mung!

Post by Gravity Thrills »

Don't laugh. I go to a local Caribbean grocery to get cans of an Irish moss-vanilla drink from Jamaica. It's thick as hell and would probably clear wort real nice. It tends to give a bit of a swamp gas problem if consumed to excess (like draught Bass). But it's pretty good stuff. Now, the isinglass swim bladder cocktail on the other hand, I think I'll pass....

Cheers,
Swampy Jim
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

I know nothiiiing.

Post by Freon12 »

As the great Hogan's Hero's star put it.
What deal? Dartwho? Where?

I'm innocent, yeh see, And that's my story see, and I'm sticking to it see.

Freon
Ganster of "C"old.
stumpwater
Double IPA
Double IPA

an interesting side note

Post by stumpwater »

Brewer's yeast slurry is supposed to be very rich in B complex vitamins. Alcohol is a blood thinner. My wife suffers from a rare blood disease where she is deficient in B6 and B12 vitamins and therefore clots easily. She is on blood thinners daily for the last 6 years. It just occured to me that she may actually be one of the very few people in the world that actually suffers from an affliction caused by drinking too little home brew. Weird that she does not drink alcohol huh?>

Stefan
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Good protein source too

Post by jayhawk »

Brewers yeast is a great complete protein source as well. Dried "nutritional" brewers yeast, common in health food stores, tastes real good on popcorn (seriously).