My Equipment Display Issue

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
harten74
Light Lager
Light Lager

My Equipment Display Issue

Post by harten74 »

First and foremost, thanks so much for BTP. I've been using it exclusively since 2008 and I love it!

I noticed something a few days ago and I thought you'd want to know about it. It is not causing any issues for me but something is amiss.

When I select Vessels or Heat Sources under My Equipment, depending on which one I choose it either properly displays my two burners...
Heat Sources.png
Heat Sources.png (36.21 KiB) Viewed 8671 times
...or my HLT, MLT & Kettle.
Vessels.png
Vessels.png (38.31 KiB) Viewed 8671 times
However, when I select My Equipment, it displays my two burners and my old HLT & Kettle as well as my last two MLTs. All of these have been deleted from My Equipment and I even verified that they were not part of any of my recipes. Additionally, my current HLT, MLT and Kettle are NOT displayed.
My Equipment.png
My Equipment.png (50.01 KiB) Viewed 8671 times
Again, this is not keeping me from being able to fully use the program, it is simply a cosmetic/database hiccup of some sort and may very well be isolated to my copy/database but I figured you'd probably want to know about it.

Thanks again!
Clark
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: My Equipment Display Issue

Post by jeff »

Thanks for choosing BeerTools Pro! That’s a local issue. Your database file is corrupted. Do you have a backup from before the issue started?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
harten74
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by harten74 »

Thanks, Jeff! That did it!

Looks like the corruption happened sometime in 2013 since I had to revert all the way to that backup to be able to delete those items and have them disappear from the My Equipment tab.

Super easy to just drag and drop the new equipment from the current recipe into the My Equipment tabs to repopulate with my current equipment.

Thanks again!
Clark
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

harten74 wrote:Thanks, Jeff! That did it!

Looks like the corruption happened sometime in 2013 since I had to revert all the way to that backup to be able to delete those items and have them disappear from the My Equipment tab.

Super easy to just drag and drop the new equipment from the current recipe into the My Equipment tabs to repopulate with my current equipment.

Thanks again!
Clark
Ok, good. If you want me to try to repair the corrupted database file you can email a zipped copy of it. If you didn't lose much then it is probably not worth it.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
harten74
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by harten74 »

jeff wrote: Ok, good. If you want me to try to repair the corrupted database file you can email a zipped copy of it. If you didn't lose much then it is probably not worth it.
Thanks, but I did not lose much that I couldn't easily replace.