Looking for plans for brewing system

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

brewfeller
Light Lager
Light Lager

Looking for plans for brewing system

Post by brewfeller »

Where can I find Plans/Schematics/ Blueprints for a RIMS or HERMS or Tiered system?

I have a friend who is a welder/fabricator and he wants some plans to go by.
Not sure which style system yet, but am considering a single tier RIMS system.
The Pump seems like it would help shorten the brew day somewhat and allow easier recirculation.

I can't seem to find a website with several styles and plans to choose from.
Slough Brewer

Brew Equipment Plans

Post by Slough Brewer »

Did you ever find those plans? Check out BYO.com and search for Brutus Ten article or do a internet search for Brutus Ten. Good luck. That is a great friend to have --better keep him well paid with beer.
Slough Brewer
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

first you should decide on multi-tiered or single tiered. I went single tier, started building the frame once I had all my kettles. Then built to fit the kettles and my height. It's not that hard to figure out.

Here's a link to my direct fired system. The concept is the same as the brutus 10, the frame is built for my specific kettles.

jaw
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
bardkin

Post by bardkin »

I have posted some plans here:
http://bardkinsbrews.webs.com/

There is a design for a herms sytem, tripple tier gravity fed inline rack which uses converted kegs. Ineed to work on controlls and guages, fuel valves an pilot light still, but it should turn out to be a pretty good system I think.

Anyway, I would love any comments or feed back with ideas or critisisms- play nice now!

Happy Turkey day!
Bardkin