Moving My Ingredients data

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Moving My Ingredients data

Post by Bob57702 »

I'm in the process of switching over to a new computer and I've been successful in upgrading to 1.5.5 and moving my recipes but how can I move My Ingredients? I'd hate to have to hand enter the whole thing.
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: Moving My Ingredients data

Post by Bob57702 »

Let's just make that all of my data except for the recipes. Is there anything I can do so that I don't have re-enter all of this?
Bob
PC: I7-3770S CPU, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 1920x1080 HD touchscreen
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Bob57702 wrote:Let's just make that all of my data except for the recipes. Is there anything I can do so that I don't have re-enter all of this?
All of that data is in the file called "BeerTools Pro Library.rsd" found in your library folder. Can you locate that file?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by Bob57702 »

Not a problem. I thought it was but wasn't sure. I'll assume that it's only a matter of moving that file and give it a try tonight or tomorrow (busy schedule). Anyhow I need to get this up and going again as I haven't brewed in nearly three weeks and need to get back to it. Taking Monday off to brew a Pils. Plus I need to get a few more done in the coming weeks and I'm nearly helpless without my Beertools Pro.

I appreciate the quick response.

Thanks
Bob
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Bob57702 wrote:Not a problem. I thought it was but wasn't sure. I'll assume that it's only a matter of moving that file and give it a try tonight or tomorrow (busy schedule). Anyhow I need to get this up and going again as I haven't brewed in nearly three weeks and need to get back to it. Taking Monday off to brew a Pils. Plus I need to get a few more done in the coming weeks and I'm nearly helpless without my Beertools Pro.

I appreciate the quick response.

Thanks
That file also contains the recipe catalog. So you will probably have to use Library->Rebuild Library after launching BTP since you moved the recipes separate from the library database file. The ideal way to perform the transfer is the move the whole library folder with all of its contents intact. Hope it all goes smoothly.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by Bob57702 »

Thanks. I'm sure it will go better now. I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob57702
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by Bob57702 »

It worked great. I copied over the directories and files I needed, and all is well. Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Bob
whiskey

Post by whiskey »

I am having the same issue. I installed BTC on my netbook and I have copied over the Beertools Pro folder which contained the recipe folder and the .rsd file.

When I open BTP, the window opens and flickers a few times, but opens. I then ran the "rebuild library" command. I can then import the recipes with no issue, but my ingredients, water and equipment database remains empty.

The PC that the original copy is on shows the databases fine. Could this be a version conflict?

Any ideas?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

whiskey wrote:I am having the same issue. I installed BTC on my netbook and I have copied over the Beertools Pro folder which contained the recipe folder and the .rsd file.

When I open BTP, the window opens and flickers a few times, but opens. I then ran the "rebuild library" command. I can then import the recipes with no issue, but my ingredients, water and equipment database remains empty.

The PC that the original copy is on shows the databases fine. Could this be a version conflict?

Any ideas?
Both versions must be identical and BeerTools Pro must not be running on either computer when transferring files. All should go well.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
whiskey

Post by whiskey »

jeff wrote:
whiskey wrote:I am having the same issue. I installed BTC on my netbook and I have copied over the Beertools Pro folder which contained the recipe folder and the .rsd file.

Any ideas?
Both versions must be identical and BeerTools Pro must not be running on either computer when transferring files. All should go well.
Ah, that would be the problem. Are older versions of BTP still available? I have unistalled that copy, and only saved the library folder.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

whiskey wrote:Ah, that would be the problem. Are older versions of BTP still available? I have unistalled that copy, and only saved the library folder.
You can zip the library folder and send it to me. I will make sure that there is data in it; otherwise you may have saved a library that BeerTools Pro was not even using.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
whiskey

Post by whiskey »

Awesome, I'll get it to you tonight.