Hi Temp Pump Sources...??

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Hi Temp Pump Sources...??

Post by wottaguy »

All,

I am seeking to purchase a higher capacity pump (7-10 GPM, hi temp) and have been searching hi and low on the net without any viable prospects.

Would anyone have any url's or sources that I may be able to check out for my purchase?

Thanks!

(_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

There is this pump at MoreBeer. I don't know what your budget is, but at $325 it isn't cheap. If you're already using a March 805 series pump you can just buy the pump head. It looks like it will mate with the 805 motor, but ask them to be sure. That will run you $240. Still not that cheap, but better.
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Pump sourcing...

Post by wottaguy »

ColoradoBrewer,

Thanks for the info. I just purchased a used pump on eBay this morning for $45 + shipping. Its a 1HP Centrifical pump that can give me 20gpm. Looking forward to getting it! This will shorten my 20 gallon brewday considerably. I found that I lost a lot of time pumping the hot liquor from the boil kettle to the hot water holding tank. My smaller pump just couldn't cut the mustard as I pump around 30 gallons at a time. Now if I can only find a few inexpensive 55 gallon stainless tanks....LOL! (i actually have a couple of sources for large tanks).

Thanks again!

(_)3

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Cool! Glad you found an economical solution.

BTW, I downloaded your Redhook ESB clone recipe last week and had hoped to brew it this Monday, but it looks like it will snow. Guess you don't have that problem in Florida :lol:
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: Pump Sources

Post by wottaguy »

ColoradoBrewer,

No cold weather problems down here in FL. It's been cooling down a bit, but we are still getting the occasional warm day here and there.

Let me know how that recipe comes out as I haven't brewed that one in a long time. I just bottled up a Brown Porter last night and will be brewing again this saturday. (its brewing season in FL!) Will be brewing up a 5 gallon batch of Amber Ale.

Hope you get to brew soon and if you're ever visiting FL, let me know, perhaps we can hook up sometime and have a few brews.

Talk to ya soon and thanks again!

(_)3

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common