BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
GTIBrewFast
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by GTIBrewFast »

Version 1.5.6b - I am unable to add Gypsum (or any mineral salts) as an ingredient/kettle addition to a new recipe. I can not drag it down from My Ingredients or the Ingredient DB trees. I have tried adding it as the 2nd ingredient and the 6th ingredient.
Acer Aspire 5003WLCI, Turion64 1.6GHz, 512MB, XPh, 60GB
roc-craven
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by roc-craven »

On the export to HTML it reports the Runoff Volume as the total amount used. Instead of the the amount that was runoff into the boilkettle.

Reviewed.
Jon Sheldon
Bugnutty Brewing Company
Owner/Brewer/Floor Mopper
www.bugnutty.com
Dale Hair
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dale Hair »

GTIBrewFast wrote:Version 1.5.6b - I am unable to add Gypsum (or any mineral salts) as an ingredient/kettle addition to a new recipe. I can not drag it down from My Ingredients or the Ingredient DB trees. I have tried adding it as the 2nd ingredient and the 6th ingredient.
The way I solved this is to add Gypsum to my Special ingredient list.

1.5.6b
AMD 64 X2 4600 - 2G Ram - 20" Samsung 206BW 1680x1050 - NVidia GeForce 6100, shared ram - Debian Lenny - gnome desktop
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

roc-craven wrote:On the export to HTML it reports the Runoff Volume as the total amount used. Instead of the the amount that was runoff into the boilkettle.
For which type of step? Fly-sparge, batch-sparge, separation or collect?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
roc-craven
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by roc-craven »

jeff wrote:
roc-craven wrote:On the export to HTML it reports the Runoff Volume as the total amount used. Instead of the the amount that was runoff into the boilkettle.
For which type of step? Fly-sparge, batch-sparge, separation or collect?
I Have a HERMS so this is how I have it set.

Mash In is normal.

Rest is my HERMS Recirc.

Fly-Sparge is my sparge.

It shows correctly in the program itself, just not on the export.
Jon Sheldon
Bugnutty Brewing Company
www.bugnutty.com
JoshMarquart
Light Lager
Light Lager

How do I remove a grain from a recipe?

Post by JoshMarquart »

I've tried the delete button (both of them), dragging the grain off the recipe, using the "edit" menu (delete is grayed out). I can set it to zero lbs so I can move forward, but should be easier to delete a grain if you add one by mistake.

Fixed in version 1.5.7.
iMac - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS X 10.5.2
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: How do I remove a grain from a recipe?

Post by dasein668 »

JoshMarquart wrote:I've tried the delete button (both of them), dragging the grain off the recipe, using the "edit" menu (delete is grayed out). I can set it to zero lbs so I can move forward, but should be easier to delete a grain if you add one by mistake.
Right (ctrl) click should bring up a contextual menu that will let you delete the grain. I agree that it should be easier to do, however. The delete key would be a nice (and intuitive) way to do so.
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11
slothrob

Re: How do I remove a grain from a recipe?

Post by slothrob »

JoshMarquart wrote:I've tried the delete button (both of them), dragging the grain off the recipe, using the "edit" menu (delete is grayed out). I can set it to zero lbs so I can move forward, but should be easier to delete a grain if you add one by mistake.
ctrl-click on the Mac, to bring up the contextual menu, then select "Delete".
Last edited by slothrob on Fri May 23, 2008 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
JoshMarquart
Light Lager
Light Lager

Thanks for the tip on deleting - but should be a lot easier

Post by JoshMarquart »

Please enable the delete button. Or the ability to just drag it off the recipe.
iMac - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS X 10.5.2
GTIBrewFast
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by GTIBrewFast »

I modified a recipe and selected save as, added a "2" to the file name and only the modified recipe displayed in the Recipes folder. I deleted the modified recipe from the database.

The original recipe does not display in the Recipe folder so I imported it again. When I try to move it from the Imported Recipe folder to the Recipe folder, I get a message that an item with that name already exists in the destination folder, yet it's not in the display??

Edit: I got the recipe back. I attempted to rebuild the recipe database to no avail. I deleted the "2" file and then File -> open, selected the original file and it only then displayed in the Recipe folder.

Reviewed.
Acer Aspire 5003WLCI, Turion64 1.6GHz, 512MB, XPh, 60GB
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by warthog »

i've seen this too.
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
roc-craven
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by roc-craven »

I'm not sure this is a bug. If you try to load a template by just opening it like a recipe it crashes the program. Maybe if you use a differnt extension like .BTT (Beer Tools Template) for it you wouldnt make the mistake of clicking on it trying to load it as a recipe. Then you could only see it as a Beer Tools Pro template file. And only load it as a template.

Fixed in version 1.5.10.
Jon Sheldon
Bugnutty Brewing Company
www.bugnutty.com
mrkristofo
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by mrkristofo »

v1.5.10 -

Selecting a recipe and clicking the duplicate button brings up a window that says "another recipe with that name already exists in the selected folder. would you like to replace it?" Clicking OK replaces it...no duplicates made.
15" MBP 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 1440 x 1200, OSX 10.5.3
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

License key issue...

Post by TCBrewguy »

I tried installing BTP 1.5 beta on another Mac laptop of mine and when the user information dialog box appeared asking me for my name, email and license key, it wouldn't recognize my license key. I copied it directly from the Downloads section of My Beertools.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: License key issue...

Post by jeff »

TCBrewguy wrote:I tried installing BTP 1.5 beta on another Mac laptop of mine and when the user information dialog box appeared asking me for my name, email and license key, it wouldn't recognize my license key. I copied it directly from the Downloads section of My Beertools.
1.5 accepts a different license key than 1.0. Your beta key is on the beta downloads page. Thanks 8)
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff