[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3841)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3841)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3841)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3841)
BeerTools Discussion Forum • View topic - Hops, where do you buy em?

Hops, where do you buy em?

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Hops, where do you buy em?

Postby jimcraig » Wed May 07, 2008 8:51 pm

jimcraig
Light Lager
Light Lager

Postby yaturaz » Thu May 08, 2008 2:59 am

10 oz limit on some hops

High prices:

50% of order:
yaturaz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Hops Availability Chart

Postby slothrob » Thu May 08, 2008 9:43 am

. He's been keeping this updated every Friday for months.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
slothrob

Postby jimcraig » Thu May 08, 2008 7:29 pm

jimcraig
Light Lager
Light Lager

Postby slothrob » Fri May 09, 2008 9:38 am

The closest place to me has a 3 oz limit and requires that you buy the rest of your recipe from them. They've also imposed a grain limit!

The other place hasn't imposed a limit, yet, but has recently started taking the Northern Brewer approach of raising their prices to preserve their inventory. That's allowed them to keep a decent inventory, so far. So, as long as you don't mind paying $4/oz for the hops, you can make most any beer you want. I've been relying on my stocks and just getting an ounce or two when I want a special character hop.

I didn't hoard much hops, out of sympathy for the community, but I did get a broad assortment of hops that covers me for most any hop flavor I would be looking for. I've also been focussing on low hopped beers for this year and should be able to stretch my stock until September.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
slothrob

Postby jimcraig » Fri May 09, 2008 10:08 pm

yeah All Seasons (brew shop) here limits you to 2oz with a purchase of a full recipe, no grain limit yet thank god.

but their prices are mostly $4oz, so I tend to buy most of mine online. With shipping I pay around 2.50 $3 per oz, I can live with that and with my next 2 shipments coming in, I have close to 3lbs in the freezer.

thanks for the replies guys, I know I am new here but hope to be around for a good while.
jimcraig
Light Lager
Light Lager

Postby yaturaz » Mon May 12, 2008 6:15 am

yaturaz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Postby jimcraig » Mon May 12, 2008 10:10 pm

I havent been in Bakersfield since I was stationed at George AFB before they closed it in 92.

thats pretty cool of them. I dont think any of the brewpubs round here would do that.
jimcraig
Light Lager
Light Lager

Postby hansolo » Sun May 18, 2008 1:18 pm

T-shirts and more for homebrewers and people with a sense of humor
hansolo
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Return to General