BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Converting Units

Post by a_daley »

when I tried out converting a ginger beer recipe I made up set the amounts
ginger 500 g and lemons 6 ea ran the conversion utility and it changed them them to 500 tsp and 6 tsp accordingly.

So I wondered if I could change them manually it let me change the lemons back to ea but wouldn't let me change the amount of ginger to 3 Cups. Will let me change the ginger back to 500 grams though.

Could not reproduce.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Changing lower case first letter to upper case in file name

Post by a_daley »

If I change the name of a brew completely it changes the filename in windows. If I try and simply change the first letter from lowercase to uppercase it will update the RSD file but not rename the actual recipe file within windows. (recipe file used to test - andre brygg)

Reviewed.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Converting Units

Post by jeff »

a_daley wrote:when I tried out converting a ginger beer recipe I made up set the amounts
ginger 500 g and lemons 6 ea ran the conversion utility and it changed them them to 500 tsp and 6 tsp accordingly.

So I wondered if I could change them manually it let me change the lemons back to ea but wouldn't let me change the amount of ginger to 3 Cups. Will let me change the ginger back to 500 grams though.
How did you try to perform the conversion? Right-clicking the value or by typing "c"?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Converting Units

Post by a_daley »

I actually tried using both... You could try it using the Ginger Cream Ale recipe as a test.

Could not reproduce.
Bobby_M
Light Lager
Light Lager

Schedule is cutoff on text export and print

Post by Bobby_M »

I can't use a printout because the batch sparge info is completely missing so I don't know what my infusion volumes and temps are supposed to be. Here's a text export but the same thing happens on print even though I have a 3-part sparge. First runnings and two equal batch sparge infusions.

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature request but I'd like to see the infusion volumes, temperatures, and resultant temps on the printout and text exports. Otherwise I need my laptop in the brewhouse.

Reviewed.
Bobby_M on Homebrewtalk.com
HP DV9200 Laptop, Intel T5500, 2 Gig RAM, Windows Vista, 17" widescreen display at 1440 x 900 and 32 colors.

my youtube vids: www.youtube.com/bobbyfromnj
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Converting Units

Post by a_daley »

It keeps defaulting back to teaspoons when I change the special ingredients to grams or cups in the conversion. I assume I have to change it in the preferences window as well because obviously the two are linked after playing with it...

Not a bug.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

The Info Window is left behind...

Post by a_daley »

Remember how someone was talking about having the info window open about 10% on the right of the screen & the main window of BTP partially minimized?

Did that today & then ran Outlook when I clicked on BTP it left the Info Window behind Outlook. If you remember to minimize Outlook first then everything is sweet (which is obvious in hindsight because they are in effect like three different programs - as it is leaving the info window open on the desktop after I have closed the main screen of BTP - and just to prove a point I have as I type this three info windows open at once all with different information on them and only one copy of BTP 1.5.4b).

Fixed in version 1.5.5.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Schedule is cutoff on text export and print

Post by jeff »

Bobby_M wrote:I can't use a printout because the batch sparge info is completely missing so I don't know what my infusion volumes and temps are supposed to be.
Thanks for catching that. Seems to be a problem with the routine that advances the page during printing.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
JoshMarquart
Light Lager
Light Lager

Adding Steps into the Schedule

Post by JoshMarquart »

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see anything on the left hand side where I can drag steps into the schedule. Only way I can add is to use the "Recipe --> Add --> Mash-In" or whatever step I'm looking for. Seems like it should be dragable like the grains etc (btw, great feature).
iMac - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS X 10.5.2
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Info Window

Post by a_daley »

The Water Chemistry windows get left behind also although the calculator closes with the program. Have 2 info windows and 2 water chemistry windows open as I type this....

Fixed in version 1.5.5.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Info Window

Post by jeff »

a_daley wrote:The Water Chemistry windows get left behind also although the calculator closes with the program. Have 2 info windows and 2 water chemistry windows open as I type this....
Water chem and info will keep the program running but you don't have any way to quit? Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

water chemistry window

Post by warthog »

jeff,
i just tried this out. i'll see if i can explain it.
open beertools 1.5.4b
open water chemistry window <ctrl h>
exit beertools

see the water chemistry window stays up (you can even use it).
other pop up windows (from the window pull down) close when you close beertools.
other pop up windows (from the recipe pull down) will not let you use the main program, until they are closed. water chemistry will allow you to use the main program, and does not close when btp is closed. you must close the water chemistry window seperately.

/n

Fixed in version 1.5.5.
Last edited by warthog on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Recipe name / Author - save issues

Post by TCBrewguy »

After I name a recipe and input the name of the author and save, the original recipe name and author do not change if I alter them and then save again. I would think that the name and author would reflect changes.

edit: Maybe this is a simple refresh issue. I clicked on another folder in the left-most pane of the app and when I went back to the recipe folder, the name/author change was reflected. It would be nice if the recipe name/author automatically refreshed upon saving.

Fixed in version 1.5.5.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Recipe name / Author - save issues

Post by jeff »

TCBrewguy wrote:edit: Maybe this is a simple refresh issue. I clicked on another folder in the left-most pane of the app and when I went back to the recipe folder, the name/author change was reflected. It would be nice if the recipe name/author automatically refreshed upon saving.
Yeah, it's just a problem with refreshing the list. I fixed it in the upcoming update.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
zachman

Quantity Column Gets updated unexpectedly

Post by zachman »

Here is how to reproduce:
Create or load any recipe. In the ingredients window:
1. click on any of the Proportion percentages
2. then click on any of the Column headings.

What you will see is that your quantities for that row change unexpectedly.

Fixed in version 1.5.5.
Intel Core 2 T7400 2.16Ghz - 1GB Ram - 19" 1280 x 1024 WinXP