BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
slothrob

Verified, etc.

Post by slothrob »

Thanks for the "Verified" and "Reviewed" labels. It's a thoughtful acknowledgment of peoples efforts to test the program.

You're welcome. :wink:
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Downloaded Mildred's Irish Red II for the first time

Post by a_daley »

Using everything set to metric on version 1.5.3 when loading from BeerTools Online - Evaporation Loss, Evap/Hour and Water Volume Added changed to gal even though using a personally created template. Same thing happened with the size of serving - changed to 12 oz.

Fixed in version 1.5.4.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Downloaded Mildred's Irish Red II for the first time

Post by jeff »

a_daley wrote:Using everything set to metric on version 1.5.3 when loading from BeerTools Online - Evaporation Loss, Evap/Hour and Water Volume Added changed to gal even though using a personally created template. Same thing happened with the size of serving - changed to 12 oz.
This is more an issue with the recipe library API than BTP itself. The API delivers recipes in one set of units and BTP loads the recipes as they come. When I read your posts about the tedium of converting downloaded recipes, I decided to implement the conversion utility released in v1.5.3. One of the few things it doesn't convert is serving size.

After you download a recipe, open up the Recipe->Convert Units tool and select your preferred units. Click OK and the recipe will be converted. Does this make things easier than before, or is it still difficult to work with?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Downloaded Mildred's Irish Red II for the first time

Post by a_daley »

Suppose I expected 1.5.3 to convert everything after I had converted it already to metric online then having to convert it again and change the serving size manually because it didn't change this (after using recipe/Convert Units) but it is easier.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Regarding adding Gypsum to a recipe

Post by a_daley »

I have finally added Gypsum as a special ingredient because I can't use Mineral Salts under My Ingredients either... It just won't save in the recipes I try and create. Unless I'm doing something really stupid... which is very likely.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Regarding adding Gypsum to a recipe

Post by jeff »

a_daley wrote:I have finally added Gypsum as a special ingredient because I can't use Mineral Salts under My Ingredients either... It just won't save in the recipes I try and create. Unless I'm doing something really stupid... which is very likely.
The problem exists with water chem and not you. In the first edition of BTP, salts were exclusively handled in the water chem window. This worked ok, but now the assets library changes everything. It seems like salts should be just like any other ingredient; which will be the case soon. My idea is to take water chem out of the recipe scope and into the global scope making it a general tool like the calculators window. Then mineral salts can be estimated using the tool, and then the information could be used to make additions to recipes. Instead of saving the water chem window with every recipe, just the mineral salts will be saved along with the other ingredients. That's the plan anyway.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

Shopping List

Post by slothrob »

If I add a recipe to the Planned Folder, open the shopping list then Plan and Assemble 0.6 of a recipe (i.e., 3 gallon version of a 5 gallon recipe) the ingredient amounts agree.

If I change the Planned to 0.625, then back to or 0.6, the values increase for the 0.625 change, but don't come back down with the 0.6 change. At this point the Planned and Assembled both say 0.6, but the absolute amounts differ in the 2 columns. If I close and open the Shopping List window (click Done), the discrepancy persists.

Fixed in version 1.5.4.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by dasein668 »

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "bug" but more of a "tweak" perhaps. Sorry if it should be somewhere else...

The qty field for Whirlflock Tablets lists the qty as "tsp" where it should be "each" or "tablets" or "units" or some other form of measure then tsp. Absurdly minor, admittedly, but... :wink:

Edit: I note that in the recipe it lists as 1ea but in my inventory it is 1.0tsp. Even though the labels don't match, it does deduct 1tsp from inventory in the "shopping" window.
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by dasein668 »

Something else minor that I noticed in .5.3b: There is no label next to the efficiency field any more...

Fixed in version 1.5.4.
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Program closing on odd occasion

Post by a_daley »

Because this has only happened twice, but once you restart the program it is fine.

Error message: Program has caused an error and needs to close Do you wish to send a report to microsoft? Yes or No are the only options avaliable.

***No error codes or real information is given in the window***

You are not given any option to see the report which normally only happens when programmers change the error reporting methods in their applications.

Happened both times when I was downloading a recipe from BeerTools Online and it closed all BTP windows.

Really need a patch to see where the error is actually occurring so I can give you more info...

I have also just run a memory test on the PC just to verify it isn't a case of a bad section of RAM. (RAM usage 24%)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Program closing on odd occasion

Post by jeff »

a_daley wrote:Because this has only happened twice, but once you restart the program it is fine.

Error message: Program has caused an error and needs to close Do you wish to send a report to microsoft? Yes or No are the only options avaliable.

***No error codes or real information is given in the window***

You are not given any option to see the report which normally only happens when programmers change the error reporting methods in their applications.

Happened both times when I was downloading a recipe from BeerTools Online and it closed all BTP windows.

Really need a patch to see where the error is actually occurring so I can give you more info...

I have also just run a memory test on the PC just to verify it isn't a case of a bad section of RAM. (RAM usage 24%)
Which recipes caused the error?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Which recipes caused the error?

Post by a_daley »

Both errors happened when I tried to load recipes I had previously loaded.

Trying to load Mildred's Irish Red II for the second time... & Stout It Out Loud for the second time...
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Recipes won't delete unless opened

Post by a_daley »

If I open BTP with no open recipes then highlight a recipe by right clicking the mouse and select delete it doesn't delete. If I select the recipe & use the button on the toolbar deletes fine or if I open the recipe first then deletes via rright click with out a problem.

Fixed in version 1.5.4.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: Recipes won't delete unless opened

Post by a_daley »

a_daley wrote:If I open BTP with no open recipes then highlight a recipe by right clicking the mouse and select delete it doesn't delete. If I select the recipe & use the button on the toolbar deletes fine or if I open the recipe first then deletes via rright click with out a problem.

Fixed in version 1.5.4.
Unfortunately I still have exactly the same problem in version 1.5.4 - It will work provided I have a recipe open it doesn't matter what one - even if it isn't one I'm not going to delete - but if I don't have any open at all the problem remains the same.
Last edited by a_daley on Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Lock and Scale option

Post by a_daley »

Thanks Jeff for fixing the Lock and Scale option - Muchly appreciated