Print/Export

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
Bobby_M
Light Lager
Light Lager

Print/Export

Post by Bobby_M »

Is there a way to:

1. Print my inventory?

2. Export or otherwise transfer the inventory files and equipment items?

I'm trying to test the beta both at home and at the office because I craft the recipes at work and brew them at home. It would be nice to bounce the inventory file back and forth as necessary.
Bobby_M on Homebrewtalk.com
HP DV9200 Laptop, Intel T5500, 2 Gig RAM, Windows Vista, 17" widescreen display at 1440 x 900 and 32 colors.

my youtube vids: www.youtube.com/bobbyfromnj
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Menubar>Recipe>Shopping List/Inventory...>Print
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
Bobby_M
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Bobby_M »

That will only print the items in that particular recipe. I'm talking about printing the full inventory.
HP DV9200 Laptop, Intel T5500, 2 Gig RAM, Windows Vista, 17" widescreen display at 1440 x 900 and 32 colors.

jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Print/Export

Post by jeff »

Bobby_M wrote:Is there a way to:

1. Print my inventory?

2. Export or otherwise transfer the inventory files and equipment items?

I'm trying to test the beta both at home and at the office because I craft the recipes at work and brew them at home. It would be nice to bounce the inventory file back and forth as necessary.
The file that you want to synchronize is C:\Program Files\BeerTools Pro 1.5\Data0300.rsd

This file contains your ingredients, inventory, equipment, etc. In future versions of BeerTools Pro the name of this file may change, so use the newest data file to keep your DB in sync.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Bobby_M
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Bobby_M »

Thanks Jeff. Exactly what I was looking for.

Dude
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dude »

So if I use beertools on a desktop computer and a laptop, can I move that .rsd file back and forth so I have the same inventory numbers on both computers?

I tried it last night and it didn't work, but I admit I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree. ;)
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Correction..

Post by jeff »

Dude wrote:So if I use beertools on a desktop computer and a laptop, can I move that .rsd file back and forth so I have the same inventory numbers on both computers?

I tried it last night and it didn't work, but I admit I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree. ;)
It's my fault :oops: Sorry about that!
The name of the file is the same, but I mentioned the wrong location above. The Data0300.rsd file in the location above doesn't change. Rather, a copy is made of the file and placed in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\BeerTools Pro\ The copied Data0300.rsd file is the one that is modified by the user. If anything happens that damages the copy, it can be deleted and a new copy will be created automatically when starting BTP.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Dude
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Correction..

Post by Dude »

jeff wrote:
Dude wrote:So if I use beertools on a desktop computer and a laptop, can I move that .rsd file back and forth so I have the same inventory numbers on both computers?

It's my fault :oops: Sorry about that!
The name of the file is the same, but I mentioned the wrong location above. The Data0300.rsd file in the location above doesn't change. Rather, a copy is made of the file and placed in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\BeerTools Pro\ The copied Data0300.rsd file is the one that is modified by the user. If anything happens that damages the copy, it can be deleted and a new copy will be created automatically when starting BTP.
Hmmmm...I don't have an "Applications Data" folder in that spot.

EDIT:
Nevermind, it was hidden.

Got it, thanks!
Dude
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dude »

Okay, that worked. However, it is unfortunate that the recipes/recipe folders don't come with that file. I have my recipe folders broken down by Pale Ale/Stout/Wheat/etc, so I can find them easier. I'm back to square one if I move from computer to computer.

Are you concerned about that being too big of a file if all of the recipes are put into that file as well?

It would be nice to have one source for all of your BTP data.