BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Editing the Shopping|Inventory...

Post by wottaguy »

ahhh....i finally see where this is done. I wish it was more obvious to the user.

I really haven't been using this feature all that much because it very much time extensive. I thought i'd fool around with it today.

Thanks jeff & clegg

(_)3

Not a bug.
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
merlin_r68

Save Toolbar button shown correctly but won't allow push

Post by merlin_r68 »

Hello,

I created a new recipe. I added 3 grains and saved (through File->Save). The Save 'diskette' toolbar button became grayed out. (like it should).

I then modified the amounts of the grains (added a pound) and noticed the Save button became active (like it should).

Trying to press the icon does nothing, though. A save will only occur if I do a File-->Save. (and the button grays again).

Fixed in version 1.5.1.
AMD Athlon 64 (FX-60 Dual Core) @ 2.61 GHz,
2.0 GB RAM,
SATA RAID,
Windows XP Pro x64 Edition Version 2003 - SP2
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Save Toolbar button shown correctly but won't allow push

Post by jeff »

merlin_r68 wrote:Trying to press the icon does nothing, though. A save will only occur if I do a File-->Save. (and the button grays again).
Are you certain that nothing happened? Try using the button while the Window->Info panel is open to see if the modified date changes. The save button does not open the save dialog, rather it saves to the current file and then updates the library with the latest data.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
merlin_r68

Post by merlin_r68 »

Hi Jeff,

I know the Save button, File-->Save, and Ctrl-S don't bring up the save file dialog. I am of the 'Save often' school of thought, so I hit that diskette pretty regularly.

It appears that it only happens when there is nothing displayed in the topmost table. Collapse all of the +'s on the left so that there is nothing in the topmost form. Then modify your recipe quantities all you like, but clicking the diskette won't save. Ctrl-S and File-->Save do work, though, or putting anything in that top table will allow it to work as well.

Fixed in version 1.5.1.
AMD Athlon 64 (FX-60 Dual Core) @ 2.61 GHz,
2.0 GB RAM,
SATA RAID,
Windows XP Pro x64 Edition Version 2003 - SP2
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

merlin_r68 wrote:Hi Jeff,

I know the Save button, File-->Save, and Ctrl-S don't bring up the save file dialog. I am of the 'Save often' school of thought, so I hit that diskette pretty regularly.

It appears that it only happens when there is nothing displayed in the topmost table. Collapse all of the +'s on the left so that there is nothing in the topmost form. Then modify your recipe quantities all you like, but clicking the diskette won't save. Ctrl-S and File-->Save do work, though, or putting anything in that top table will allow it to work as well.
Gotcha, I will look into it. Thanks :)
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
yeager1977
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by yeager1977 »

When modifying imported recipe when I try to save it it says a file with that name already exists and I can't save changes without changing the name of the recipe. This is using the disk save button

Not a bug.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin

System Specs
1GB Ram
1.7ghz duo core AMD Athlon 64
Windows Vista Home
Also misc linux boxes running Ubuntu and Redhat.
yeager1977
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by yeager1977 »

Now I can't reproduce my save problem.... Ok will try again. :)

Not a bug.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin

System Specs
1GB Ram
1.7ghz duo core AMD Athlon 64
Windows Vista Home
Also misc linux boxes running Ubuntu and Redhat.
bludrgn
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by bludrgn »

The Inventory feature does not seem to take into account my inventory of salts and tells me that I need to purchase all of them - it does not even show the quantities that are shown in my inventory.

Reviewed.
All Grain

Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 805 2.66GHz 2 Gig Dual display Samsung SyncMaster 753DF Compaq V75
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Help

Post by a_daley »

If you click on help when using the calculator using ***any of the tabs*** nothing happens.

Dave

Reviewed.
edogbert

Activation Key

Post by edogbert »

when i enter my activation key it does not give me an ok, it just allows me to go to the trial again, and in a few hours i have to re enter the key for it to stop saying that i am in trial mode. and it just reloads the trial key.

Not a bug.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Activation Key

Post by jeff »

edogbert wrote:when i enter my activation key it does not give me an ok, it just allows me to go to the trial again, and in a few hours i have to re enter the key for it to stop saying that i am in trial mode. and it just reloads the trial key.
BTP is telling you that the trial will expire within a few hours?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
rrosa
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by rrosa »

So far I am very happy with the changes. I have one possible bug to report here and a few others I will leave in the suggestions topic. The bug is that when I asked to scan for recipes, a lot of garbage was added to "My Ingredients" list, like duplicate ingredients, and many ingredients which I am sure I never used. The ingredients that I did create were correctly imported.

Not a bug.
Ricardo - http://cervejarte.org/blog
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2Gb SDRAM running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

rrosa wrote:So far I am very happy with the changes. I have one possible bug to report here and a few others I will leave in the suggestions topic. The bug is that when I asked to scan for recipes, a lot of garbage was added to "My Ingredients" list, like duplicate ingredients, and many ingredients which I am sure I never used. The ingredients that I did create were correctly imported.
What probably happened was BTP detected that you made some changes to ingredients that come pre-installed in the DB. Instead of overwriting all of your work, BTP made copies of these ingredients and put them in the "My Ingredients" folder. If you don't want the ingredients, they can all be deleted.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
rrosa
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by rrosa »

jeff wrote:
rrosa wrote:So far I am very happy with the changes. I have one possible bug to report here and a few others I will leave in the suggestions topic. The bug is that when I asked to scan for recipes, a lot of garbage was added to "My Ingredients" list, like duplicate ingredients, and many ingredients which I am sure I never used. The ingredients that I did create were correctly imported.
What probably happened was BTP detected that you made some changes to ingredients that come pre-installed in the DB. Instead of overwriting all of your work, BTP made copies of these ingredients and put them in the "My Ingredients" folder. If you don't want the ingredients, they can all be deleted.
Okay, maybe I changed them by mistake when reading them. No big deal. But this is actually something that puzzles me in BeerTools: when I want to read more about an ingredient or about the details for a style I am forced to open them as if I wanted to edit them. It is not too bad, but it is kind of unusual.

Not a bug.
Ricardo - http://cervejarte.org/blog
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2Gb SDRAM running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

rrosa wrote:But this is actually something that puzzles me in BeerTools: when I want to read more about an ingredient or about the details for a style I am forced to open them as if I wanted to edit them. It is not too bad, but it is kind of unusual.
The Window->Info panel is very helpful too if left open as you click on different items.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff