[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3841)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3841)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3841)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4713: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3841)
BeerTools Discussion Forum • View topic - filtering and bottling

filtering and bottling

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

filtering and bottling

Postby johnnynothumb » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:24 pm

my question should be simple. I have a plate filter from more beer and typically only use a 2 micron roughing filter . it really cleans up any suspended particles that are left after secondary ferm. . ???? after doing this is there enough yeast left in beer to use corn sugar for priming or do i just need to pony up for a counter pressure filler ?

eric
johnnynothumb
Light Lager
Light Lager

Postby yaturaz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:56 am

I am still new to this. but I have done a lot of research. I think you would need to force carbonate,because Yeasts are typically 5 to 10 microns and if you are filtering below that they probably were left behind. I wouldn't take my comments to heart yet. Wait for one of the long time brewers to reply. I just want to see if I am right.. For !@#$ and giggles sort of thing...

!@#$, I really shouldn't post after having 8 of my home brews:p
yaturaz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

filtering

Postby Legman » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Legman
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Return to Techniques, Methods, Tips & How To