Carbonation - How to Boost for a Belgian Blonde Abbey Triple

Brewing processes and methods. How to brew using extract, partial or all-grain. Tips and tricks.

Moderator: slothrob

Michael Kazeuma
Light Lager
Light Lager

Carbonation - How to Boost for a Belgian Blonde Abbey Triple

Post by Michael Kazeuma »

Would anyone know how to boost carbonation?

Data:
Belgian triple - Primed with 97g or a Japanese brown sugar in 480 ml for 17 liters of brew. Target was a carbonation of between 2.15 and 2.4 with beer that was fermented at 22C. Kept bottle temperature at the yeast (Wyeast 1338) comfort zone of 21-24C for 2 week priming period.

Question
Tested today and would like to know if I can expect any further carbonation, as it was nice, but I would like a bit more. Should I shake up the bottles and go for a third week at present temps 21-24C or, just put them into cold storage and be satisfied with what I got?

Thanks!

Michael
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: Carbonation - How to Boost for a Belgian Blonde Abbey...

Post by wottaguy »

Hi Michael,

I think that I would just leave them at room temp for 3 or 4 more weeks and see what happens. If the carbonation is still not enough, make a note about it and what you did then make the sugar adjustment on your next batch.

Hope this helps!
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
Michael Kazeuma
Light Lager
Light Lager

Priming Temperature for a few more weeks

Post by Michael Kazeuma »

Hi Wottaguy,

Appreciate the help. I'll try to keep them at the room temp of 68F to 75F for a few weeks. There is not a room temp in Japan because we only heat the room we are in. They don't believe in central heating at this point. I can probably LIVE with the amount of carbonation at present if nothing changes, and make the necessary adjustments for the next round. I take pretty detailed notes and know exactly what I've done from beggining to end.

Michael