Meaningless Newbie Comment

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

mickeymac
Light Lager
Light Lager

Meaningless Newbie Comment

Post by mickeymac »

I've brewed all-grain batches, but I've been using weird grains for my wife, who can't have barley. I'm preparing my first personal all-grain batch today and bought and milled my barley at the shop today. Even though it was a bit warm in my neck of the woods, I found myself driving home with the windows up to fully enjoy the wonderful aroma of freshly milled barley. Like a nice garlic pizza, I hope the barley leaves some aroma in my car for the next few days. !@#$, making beer is a good thing.
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

I most heartilly second that

Post by Fraoch »

The smell of the mash and leaving hops in the car. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!
BillyBock
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Mmmmm....Beer

Post by BillyBock »

I'll third this one! When I don't brew and I'm in need of a "barley fix", I find that a bowl of Grape Nuts provides the same wonderful odor. Main ingredients you ask? Malted barley and wheat, of course!
Cheers!
--Bill
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

Graped Knuts

Post by l48shark »

Hey, can you ferment that? :)
andytv
Double IPA
Double IPA

Malted Milkshake

Post by andytv »

Just for fun, I made milkshakes out of vanilla ice cream, DME, and a handful of kellog's "Smart Start" cereal. It was great!!!! Also, we made shakes out of vanilla ice cream and imperial stout. Also good.
mickeymac
Light Lager
Light Lager

Guinness-shake

Post by mickeymac »

Although I haven't tried it yet, I've heard that pouring a Guinness over a couple of scoops of coffee ice cream in a glass makes a pretty mean dessert.
Monkey Man
Light Lager
Light Lager

huh?

Post by Monkey Man »

Guinness over ice cream? Sounds sacriligious to me
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

Yum!

Post by l48shark »

Sounds delicious to me! A buddy bought me a shot called an "Irish car bomb." It was a half pint of Guinness with a shot of Bailey's Irish cream dropped in it and slammed. What you end up with is a boilermaker that tastes like chocolate milk.
Cheers,
Ford