10' beer line run????

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

NYFrank

10' beer line run????

Post by NYFrank »

I want to set up a keg system in my house but just dont have the room for a 2nd fridge inside. I would like to put it outside in a garage area and run the tap line into the house. The garage is attached. The run will be about 10 feet. I was thinking of coiling 25' of copper tubing in the freezer and wrapping the beer lines with insinuation with the copper to the house. So there will be 25' of tubing in the freezer and 20' in the run with the beer lines. Running through the copper will be water attached to a pump to recurclate the water. Will this work?? Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what they have done in this situation. Will I need a longer line IN the freezer to chill the water.
brewer13210
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by brewer13210 »

No need to build something like this, insulated beer line with internal cooling loops are the norm in the beer industry, which you can find in the yellow pages or googling a bit.

I wouldn't run the cooling lines through the freezer unless you're pouring a warm keg that's going to be emptied in a hurry. Otherwise you're going to have frozen beer lines.

Todd