changing cost of hops doesnt save!!!

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
paintbomb
Light Lager
Light Lager

changing cost of hops doesnt save!!!

Post by paintbomb »

when editing my hops, it wont save my changes. It just automatically changes to 1.50/oz. It does save changes you make in unit preference though. I tried entering my price per pound, but as soon as you open that hop again for editing it goes to 24/lb.

It does save information about AA% and other fields so it's probably just a problem with defaulting that particular field.

Anyone else notice this problem.
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

edited: my system does exhibit this problem

winxp ver22

cheers!
Last edited by bzwrxbz on Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

Are you just changing the value in a recipe, or are you changing the price then saving it to a Template or to the Default? One of the latter 2 is required to get it to appear in new recipes, and you'll have to apply the Template if you save it there..
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
paintbomb
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by paintbomb »

It happens when I am editing the hops within the ingredient browser. If I hit edit on one of the hops and change the price in the hop editor then hit ok. This should save my changes, which for all fields such as AA% and all others, it works perfectly. Only the Cost/unit field wont save the changes. Without adding the hop to a recipe opr even leaving the ingredient browser I open the hop I just edited and it will have gone back to the previous default amount. Any other changes stay intact, with the exception of cost/unit.

I am running XP and the newest updated version of BT
Last edited by paintbomb on Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

paintbomb wrote:I happens when I am editing the hops within the ingredient browser. If I hit edit on one of the hops and change the price in the hop editor then hit ok. This should save my changes, which for all fields such as AA% and all others, it works perfectly. Only the Cost/unit field wont save the changes. Without adding the hop to a recipe opr even leaving the ingredient browser I open the hop I just edited and it will have gone back to the previous default amount. Any other changes stay intact, with the exception of cost/unit.

I am running XP and the newest updated version of BT
I see what you are saying now... my system exhibits the same problem...
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

I just checked, and it's the same on Mac OS 10.4.9 with V.22. And even more annoying, it defaults to Dollars per gram. I can change it to anything I want and when I reopen, it's $0.05/gram.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Thanks everyone...

Post by lathe »

Thank you for everyone that checked this out. This has been fixed and will be in the next update.

Lathe
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

For me, it saved if edited within a recipe, but not if edited within the browser.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
paintbomb
Light Lager
Light Lager

Problem fixed

Post by paintbomb »

The problem is now solved.

Talk about service with a smile... within a week of reporting my problem the update came out and it was fixed. While there are some problems with the program from time to time, it seems that you guys are on top of adressing our problems which is very refreshing.

Thanks for such great support and an amazing program.

Cheers
beejay