Questions about the Recipe Generator

Discussion and topics about BeerTools.com online calculators and other tools.

Moderator: jeff

johnc66

Questions about the Recipe Generator

Post by johnc66 »

Hello,

I have just started using the Recipe Generator on the web site and I have a few questions.

I have noticed some inconsistencies with some of the drop downs particularly the Hops and Adjuncts.

The list for adjuncts, doesn't seem to be the same as the one for the Recipe Calculator.

The list for Bittering hops isn't the same as the aroma and flavoring hops.

Also what makes the Zapomatic appear in the Generator final screen?

I really like the online tools, maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks,

John
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Questions about the Recipe Generator

Post by jeff »

johnc66 wrote:The list for adjuncts, doesn't seem to be the same as the one for the Recipe Calculator.
The Generator creates the lists based on style guidelines and recommended ingredients for each style. Thus the ingredient lists are filtered based on the selected style.
johnc66 wrote:The list for Bittering hops isn't the same as the aroma and flavoring hops.
Some hops are best used for bittering while others are best for their essential oils. Some hops are commonly used for both. The Generator attempts to make recommendations that are in harmony with the accepted use of various varieties of hops.
johnc66 wrote:Also what makes the Zapomatic appear in the Generator final screen?
If you want to use the Zapomatic, jump over to the Calculator using the "Load In" button at the top left of the results. The Generator essentially is the Zapomatic, so the Zapomatic controls are omitted from the Generator results.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
johnc66

Post by johnc66 »

Thanks for the information! I am new to brewing and new to the tool, forgive the noob.. :lol: