Small bug ... I think ... re 'Schedule' display

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Small bug ... I think ... re 'Schedule' display

Post by billvelek »

In the 'Schedule' display, I have sometimes accidentally clicked on the "Step" column heading when I meant to click on "MashIn"; that has caused "Total Water" to move up to the top line and sometimes rearranges steps in my schedule, too. If it's supposed to do that, it's a feature I don't care for.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

I have mentioned this before (maybe in bugs).

It is a systemic feature/problem with all of the columns. For example, if you go to Ingredients table, and click on the Ingredients column header (the lower part of it only), the ingredients will sort alphabetically.

They just need to programmatically disable the sort property of the correct columns.

Rel18, WindowsXP
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

I have just noticed that it is not persistent...

If you go to another table, and then come back to the one you sorted, it reverts back to the way it looked before you sorted it in the first place.

cheers!

billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

But my ingredients don't sort!?

Post by billvelek »

I just checked on my system, and I can't get ingredients to sort when I'm in the 'Ingredients' display. They do within the ingredients 'browser', though. Which one are you talking about?

Cheers.

Bill Velek
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by bzwrxbz »

Yes, the table that list the ingredients for the recipe.

If you move the cursor over the Ingredients column title, you will see that it highlights, and there is a small orange line on the bottom while you are over the title. Now, if you click the orange line, it will sort the list.

This also works for the Boil, Quantity, and Proportion columns. It sorts into something unrecognizable for everything right of boil (i.e. not numerically or alphabetically).

This is in windows (if this is what you are running), I am not sure about the Mac side of things of course.

cheers!

jctull
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by jctull »

The sorting does not appear to be enabled on the Mac version for the main table display.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Okay, I see that -- but it lacks uniformity

Post by billvelek »

bzwrxbz wrote:Yes, the table that list the ingredients for the recipe.

If you move the cursor over the Ingredients column title, you will see that it highlights, and there is a small orange line on the bottom while you are over the title. Now, if you click the orange line, it will sort the list. ... snip
I see the orange line now; never noticed it before. It is there in the Ingredients 'browser', too, but it is not necessary to carefully click on the orange line; clicking anywhere in the column heading works. It should do likewise in the Ingredients listed in the session recipe, but as you say -- you need to carefully click on the orange line, which is easy to miss and assume that the column just doesn't sort. Very minor matter, but all functions should work the same in a program, so I hope that Jeff and Lathe will add this to the BOTTOM of their list for things to be eventually fixed.

Cheers.

Bill Velek