Beer Suggestions

Reactions to and impressions of commercial and home made beers and beverages. Travelling and experiencing beers from around the world.

Moderator: slothrob

Bluesssman
Light Lager
Light Lager

Beer Suggestions

Post by Bluesssman »

I would like to ask for some help. Could you recommend great beers from microbreweries you have tasted and really enjoyed. This will give me leads for beers I can use on our beer show.

Thanks so much for your help!

Gary
Benjamin1c
Light Lager
Light Lager

helios

Post by Benjamin1c »

I just tried Helios Ale the other day, from Victory Brewing Co. I guess techinically this is a Belgian style beer. The taste was very complex to my palate, fruity, and definitely citrusey... likely from the hops. This was hopped more like an IPA, and strong too.

Well, look forward to the next episode, any idea when its coming out?
slothrob

beers

Post by slothrob »

We have a number of breweries around here that make some nice Alts. I'd be curious to hear a direct comparison between microbrewed versions of a beer, like an Alt and authentic old country versions. ESB and Koelsch would also be interesting comparisons.

We have a relatively new but great little bottling brewery in Cambridge called Pretty Things beer and ale project. They make excellent Belgian and British beers that are very highly respected around here. I'm not sure if they are well known outside of the Boston area, yet, but I know he's spreading distribution. The brewer and the "brewery" both have an interesting story that would be good for a podcast, I think. The Brewer trained in a traditional British brewery and he brews by renting time on the equipment at a local brewery, instead of contract brewing.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP