Recipe Generator

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Hoppy

Recipe Generator

Post by Hoppy »

I seem to be having a problem with the Recipe Generator. No matter what recipe I try to create it loops back and says,"Your recipe contains too many light ingredients for the style you selected. To fix the problem, change your current selections to darker choices or add some darker ingredients to your selections."
The first time it happened I was making a pale ale, now this time I'm trying to make a Bohemian Pils and even after adding the darkest malts it loops back.
I'm using Google Chrome and IE.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Recipe Generator

Post by jeff »

Hoppy wrote:I seem to be having a problem with the Recipe Generator. No matter what recipe I try to create it loops back and says,"Your recipe contains too many light ingredients for the style you selected. To fix the problem, change your current selections to darker choices or add some darker ingredients to your selections."
The first time it happened I was making a pale ale, now this time I'm trying to make a Bohemian Pils and even after adding the darkest malts it loops back.
I'm using Google Chrome and IE.
Have you tried adding a black or chocolate malt in addition to your pils base malts or extracts? This can sometimes get it past the loop. More ingredients in a recipe increases the likelihood of obtaining a result. The extra ingredients can be subtracted in the Calculator after the recipe is generated. It can be a little temperamental sometimes.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Like I said I add the darkest malts from the drop down menu and it just keeps looping back.
Friend of mine said he had the same problem as I was having.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

What are your malts and extracts?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

All Grain, German 2-row Pils generic from the drop down.
That's the only grain I plan to use. The actual grain I'm using isn't listed, it's German Avangard Malz Pilsner Malt.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

I was able to push it through by adding German Dark Crystal. A number of other specialty grains worked as well. After obtaining a result I jumped to the Calculator and removed the extra ingredient and slightly adjusted the base malt quantity.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Yes if on the 1st try I add dark malts it will go through, but if I don't it gets stuck in a loop. Then I have to log out, shut down my browser, and start over. :?
Kinda annoying.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

I think I identified the cause of the problem and uploaded a fix. If it still gets stuck in a loop when you try to use it please let me know.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Will Do.
Thanks
Hoppy