Does anybody use Facebook?

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Does anybody use Facebook?

Post by jeff »

Facebook has perfected the art of connecting people together. This is great for brewers since brewers are sharers! Who doesn't want all their friends to hear about and taste their latest brew? With this in mind, we have been working hard to make BeerTools.com "share friendly." In the coming weeks, look for enhancements to the site that will make it easy to share the recipes you like on BeerTools.com with your friends on Facebook.

We have also secured the "beertools" username for our Facebook page. We would love for all of you to stop by and become a fan. Please visit us at:
http://www.facebook.com/beertools

We'll see you there!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
mbryant

Post by mbryant »

It has actually been something that has been on a sort of decline, or at least when compared to how the crowd was some times ago. Though Facebook has really changed how the people used and stayed on the internet.

How common has it been for people to stay up on it for extended hours compared to how they did it with the lot of other web sites that proved not to work at the same level Facebook operated on.
brewmaster

Re: Does anybody use Facebook?

Post by brewmaster »

I've found that FB is a great way to start a club. There weren't any interesting clubs in my area, so I started a group on FB and invited people to join. After we started getting some traction in the group, we decided to pick a meeting place and have a meetup. It's been great ever since.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink beer. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day." -- Frank Sinatra