Fav beer type?

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

yaturaz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Fav beer type?

Post by yaturaz »

I was just wondering what is everyones favorite beer type? I really like American ambers. Is there anything you would highly recommend to brew?
cronix

Post by cronix »

Northern Brown Ale

Like NewCastle!!!
hansolo
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by hansolo »

I love Dry Stouts. I remember back when I used to drink that Dudweiser and wouldn't drink a Guinness if my life depended on it. But now it's like my life depends on get a Guinness on a regular basis, at least once a week.
WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/EHINNOVATIONS
T-shirts and more for homebrewers and people with a sense of humor
bfabre
Double IPA
Double IPA

Fav beer type?

Post by bfabre »

I have never tasted a beer I did not like. Just beers that tasted better than others.
What I consume the most.....Porters and Stouts. Eventhough, I do enjoy and mild IPA and a smooth Brown ale from time to time.
"B"
slothrob

Re: Fav beer type?

Post by slothrob »

bfabre wrote:I have never tasted a beer I did not like. Just beers that tasted better than others.
I'll double that!

Really like a great Maibock, Pilsner, IPA, or Bitter, though.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
Beer Man
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Beer Man »

I like Hinnys or even a stong malt beer. :wink:
yaturaz
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

brown ale

Post by yaturaz »

I am drinking a brown ale That I came up with and I really like this. I can't wait to try a hefeweizen or a Belgian Style White .Yum Yum

Does anyone have the recipe for Widmer hefeweizen or blue moon?
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Look at this posted recipe

Post by brewmeisterintng »

Chasing the Grail
I know it's a dunkel but it rocks. You won't be sorry
Borch

Post by Borch »

It depends totally on my mood. There are times when I really want a really malty dark lager and there are other times when I all I want is pure total hoppy IPA bliss. I still haven't figured out why this is or what controls my cravings, so I just go with the flow and keep a lot of different styles on hand all the time.
jimcraig
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by jimcraig »

cronix wrote:Northern Brown Ale
Like NewCastle!!!
English Browns are my favorite. My second mini mash I brewed was a tweaked version of Newcastle. 2oz more Crystal Malt and 2oz more 2oz more Black Malt.

side by side it has been picked over Newcastle by 3 people.
djavet
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by djavet »

Old english porter for me.

Dom
hansolo
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by hansolo »

hansolo wrote:I love Dry Stouts. I remember back when I used to drink that Dudweiser and wouldn't drink a Guinness if my life depended on it. But now it's like my life depends on get a Guinness on a regular basis, at least once a week.
I would like to add Irish Red Ales too. I have been finding a lot of reds in the last few weeks and I am a fan now. :lol:
WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/EHINNOVATIONS
T-shirts and more for homebrewers and people with a sense of humor
jimcraig
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by jimcraig »

here is a pick of my 2nd round batch of my fave so far. English Brown Ale

first time having to use a blow off tube, but 5gals of beer in a 5gal carboy, no room for it to go so...

should I be concerned about losing all that goodness up the tube? its bubbling away like crazy, sounds like an aquarium :mrgreen:
Benjamin1c
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Benjamin1c »

My favorite beer... Ohh, boy... dude, thats like asking what my favorite kind of girl is, where to start?

I mean, you got yer blondes, reds, dark and exotic, pale and bubbly, pleasantly stout, slender and tall... oops, right, we're talking about beer :-)

All depends, but some styles seem advanced enough that I haven't tried yet (ex: fruit beer, lambic). It also depends on if there is a certain occasion, like holiday beer for the holidays, or if my liquid masterpiece is to be pared with certain style of food, the best example of this is to go with bar b q in the summer... definitely a mildly hopped pale ale or weizen in the that case.