Beer storage

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Looking mighty suspicious ...

Post by billvelek »

Heh, heh. We have a brand new member who asks an apparently innocent question in his very first post. His second post asks about an air conditioned room to store beer -- very atypical for any homebrewer, let alone a newbie. And low and behold, in only his third post, by coincidence, he sort of answers his own question with a plug for a product. And then, after the product is criticized, by sheer coincidence the guy who designed the product's website joins the forum as a brand new member and his very first post defends the product. Looks mighty suspicous to me.

Anyway, maybe the product is better than other thermostat setups ... and maybe it isn't. I've never researched the options, but $300.00 for a thermostat -- even a fancy schmancy one -- seems like an over-priced product. Seems to me that there are other options that can likely be made to work, and there are lots of homebrewers with the know-how who are willing to help other homebrewers with the setup. If anyone is interested, here is a PID that might be worth looking into for a walk-in closet/small room cooler:
http://tinyurl.com/29hkm3
I have no affiliation; it is a link that was recently posted in another forum.

As far as SPAM is concerned, I really don't mind if it is related to brewing as long as it doesn't get out of hand; but of course, this isn't my forum. On the other hand, I don't think much of approaches to sneak it in, if that's what has happened here, because I ended up spending my time answering what I thought was a valid question. I don't want to play games here.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768