Two times the charm

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Two times the charm

Post by Freon12 »

I now have a beer I wish to make again, and again. I have notes, I have grain bill, I know the yeast and my equipment and water are grooved in. I will attempt to repeat the beer(never have before). Any thoughts before I Go?
stumpwater
Double IPA
Double IPA

You can do it!

Post by stumpwater »

Good Luck!!!
beaufort

Yeah!

Post by beaufort »

Whats the recipe? I want in on the action.
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Posted

Post by Freon12 »

It's posted under oktomberfest02. Credit to "Tom's Tweaked" that I played with as you can see. The last modification was it! I used whitelabs octoberfest and a three step tempreture mash of 122,141,156. This beer blew me and my Buddy's away! They swear I kegged real German Octoberfest.(use softer water, Harder than Pilsen, for this beer). Outstanding.(now I'm scared).
Brewer2001
Double IPA
Double IPA

Go to it.

Post by Brewer2001 »

I have a 'flagship' Irish Red that I have been brewing for about three years. It has survived from extract to all grain. (I have some working right now) Big clew - my yeast is on its 9th generation. Also your second big variable is fermentation temperature.

Greg Noonan stated it best - 'Brew one simple beer over and over gain control and note any changes.' If you can master control and correction you could go pro.

Good brewing.
Fraoch
Double IPA
Double IPA

youll have no probs whatsoever

Post by Fraoch »

I have a Robust Porter that i regularly brew every other month. I have several friends who regularly take receipt of a carton or two. Good notes are the key. It took 6 brews or so to finalise the recipe and like yourself, when you get the winning one YOU KNOW! I can now predict volume, OG and FG and get it spot on each time. Attention to detail is all it takes. Good luck - Fraoch
Freon12
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Good support vibes!!

Post by Freon12 »

I may not always post like I am very serious about brewering, but that's just to take the edge off how very serious I can get over this fun and totally consuming hobby(HEH, He said consume).