HomeBrewers Team trying to beat the U.S. Army Team

General brewing information, questions and discussion. Topics that do not seem to fit elsewhere.

Moderators: slothrob, 2row

billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

HomeBrewers Team trying to beat the U.S. Army Team

Post by billvelek »

This is an appeal to all homebrewers throughout the WORLD to join our "HomeBrewers" Team by donating your computer's spare time for research. This benefits all of mankind (e.g., medical research). Let's show the entire world that "HomeBrewers are a force to be reckoned with!" :-)

This program is safe (no viruses or spyware or resulting spam), and it operates invisibly in the background; I haven't noticed _ANY_ change in system performance. Anyone can join our team, such as your family and friends, and it's easy and takes only a few minutes.

This is how it works:
1. You download and install the program, _BEING_SURE_TO_SELECT_OUR_TEAM;
2. World Community Grid will then give your computer an assignment;
3. During its spare time, such as when you are sleeping or not using it, your computer will work on the assignment;
4. When finished, your computer will automatically send the results to World Community Grid, which will credit you, your country, and our team, with "points", and then give your computer a new assignment, and the cycle starts over.

It is the aggregate number of points that are used to compare teams, and I'm comparing our stats with the following: US Army, US Air Force, IBM, MicroSoft, Harvard University, Oxford University, & Stanford University; those stats can be seen here: http://tinyurl.com/aa4pk and then you can go to the homepage via the menu bar to join.

We just formed this team a few days ago, and the U.S. Army has only a two day head start, so we can easily beat them. As of this date, there are 5,692 teams ahead of us, but with many HomeBrewers and their family and friends uniting, we can really kick some !@#. And remember that this is for a good cause, and that your contribution won't cost you much more than just a few minutes.

Please help spread the word, and thanks for your time and support.

http://home.alltel.net/billvelek is my personal beer-site. Bill Velek