Thanks

What went wrong? Was this supposed to happen? Should I throw it out? What do I do now?

Moderator: slothrob

skiluvr03
Light Lager
Light Lager

Thanks

Post by skiluvr03 »

Thanks alot for your replies. I read them right away, but was too busy at the time to reply back. Things won't be so busy anymore. Anyway, I have one of the double barrell aerator valve and I think it didn't have enough water at first but wasn't empty. It was gurgling like a percolator and every once in a while a could see a small splash. What worried me, which I could have been worrying about the wrong thing since your question, lol, was that it quit bubbling after i added more water to it. I heeded the first gentlemans advice and the next day it started doing it again, which made me feel better since I knew there was some kind of activity. Now, I am fixing to move into a Secondary Fermentor, it that alright? I will be extremely conscious of sanitary conditions. I will be using a 5-gal glass carboy with another aerator type like above. I have all the necessary hoses and funnels with strainners and such.

Here is my recipe: German Altbier, starting gravity 1.044 and projected FG is 1.008 - 1.014, Hop IBUs 25 - 35, Ingredients: Plain light malt extract, plain amber malt extract, crushed black patent malt, cluster hops (Bittering), Hallertau Hops (finishing), muttons yeast. This is info from the directions from my kit suppier. I Boiled the wort for 55 mins then added the finishing hops for the last 5, then put in 6.5 gallon primary fermentor, and put in bathtub full of water and ice. waited until it cooled and springled the powdered yeast on top. Let sit for a while then stirred-into the wort aggresively, then put airtight lid back on with seal. Then, never touched it or moved it again and kept in cool, dry place in a semi-dark environment This is the first time, so I may have goofed somewhere, so if I did, please point it out so that I may improve, thanks alot! Have a cold one for me whilst I patiently await this masterpiece I have created.
skiluvr03
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by skiluvr03 »

Sorry, I was sure I was posting a reply and not adding a new post. I really look like an amateur and I'm on the staff at another site, which has nothing to with beer. It won't happen again

"Formerly we suffer from crimes, Today, we suffer from laws" Tacitus

please don't ask who Tacitus is, I haven't been able to find out yet, rofl.