Adding water to recipe ingredients

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

mjpr54

Adding water to recipe ingredients

Post by mjpr54 »

Help ... I can not figure out how to add water to ingredients in my recipe. I would like to be able to save this in my default template as well, Thanks
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Adding water to recipe ingredients

Post by jawbox »

click on the recipe drop down from the main toolbar/menu then click on water chemistry.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by a_daley »

Or press Ctrl + Alt + H
mjpr54

Post by mjpr54 »

Got it...I have the water I use listed in my ingredients, but I can not drag into recipe or right click and add to recipe. Shouldn't I be able to do this ?

Thanks
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by a_daley »

Under "My Ingredients" select "Water" Then at the top you will see your water which you have added - either right click on it and select "Add to Recipe" or simply drag it into your recipe.
mjpr54

Post by mjpr54 »

That is what I thought...however right click and add to recipe takes me back to the chemistry table and drag and drop does nothing. Should I re-download program ? And if so will all current data be saved ?

Thanks
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by a_daley »

After seeing so many of my clients lose data (I design & repair small networks) because of inadequate backup systems I always would say look to see where it is saving data by checking under "Edit" "Preferences" on the menu then make a new directory called BTPBackup in the "My Documents" folder. Normally it will simply uninstall and leave the data behind but being sure saves much time and money... Or you could download teamviewer and I could do it for you....
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx skype=a_daley
mjpr54

Post by mjpr54 »

Re-download did not fix problem....I guess not that big of a deal, minor annoyance, I just like things to work the way they are supposed to.
Thanks for your he;lp
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by a_daley »

The *.rsd file contains your individual settings which is often beneficial to delete when upgrading (except one has to redo them) but you recipe files will remain in your default folder even if you uninstall BTP. Bear in mind 2.0 will be released in the next few weeks so I personally would wait - but it is your choice...