Irish Ale Update

Grains, malts, hops, yeast, water and other ingredients used to brew. Recipe reviews and suggestions.

Moderator: slothrob

Liquid Blur
Light Lager
Light Lager

Irish Ale Update

Post by Liquid Blur »

Hey Guys. I'm sitting here at, yes 10:30am drinking my first ever homebrew. I have to say that this is the best beer I have ever tried. I can't wait to bottle my APA. OK now what is the address of the tasting commitee? LOL I've had friends ask me if they could try it when it's finished and I was kinda worried because I didn't know how it would turn out, but !@#$, now that I've tried it I have no worries about letting anyone else try it. Anyway just thought you guys would like to know how it turned out. Thanks for all of the great info. Liquid Blur
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Welcome to a wonderful world

Post by Azorean Brewer »

LB, I am so glad that things turned out great for you, now that the hook is set you'll never get away, AHH ha ha ... we have caught yet another one team. He's our's all our's ...

BTW I'd love to try this one, do you have a recipe in the data base? and if yes, what is it called. I will attempt to fashion an all grain recipe if your's is extract, which as I remember it is ... Thanks,

Paul.
Liquid Blur
Light Lager
Light Lager

Recipe From StPats

Post by Liquid Blur »

Hey Azorean Brewer, here is the recipe. I think would be fit to first point out that this was a kit from Stpats.com so this is off of their page. Soon, I'll be formulating my own recipes. OG 1.042 4% alc. 'Toast' flavor w/ deep red hue. 1/2 lb special roast, 1/2 lb crystal 30, 6 lb Moravian pale, 1.5 oz Challenger, 1 oz Golding, Irish Ale, 3/4 cup corn sugar WYeast Irish Ale #1084 Hope that helps. :) Blur