Kegs

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Kegs

Post by fitz »

How many out there are kegging their beer. I recently purchased a picnic CO2 injector similar to the Bicycle pumps to use on the road. I have started seeing 2.5 gal and 3 gal kegs advertised, but they are in scarce supply. Does anyone know of a place to get this size at a reasonable price. I can't seem to talk myself into buying a 2.5 gal cornelius keg for the price of a 5 gal. Really like the thought of the mini keg in the cornelius type.
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Ebay

Post by dartedplus »

I'm sure you checked ebay, I know I've seen them there, but dont recall pricing since I'm not looking for that right now.
bredmakr
Double IPA
Double IPA

Tap-A-Draft

Post by bredmakr »

KEG920: Tap-A-Draft Homebrew Setup at MoreBeer.com. not the stainless containers you prefer but a good alternative and affordable.
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Ones I have seen

Post by fitz »

I hasve seen the Tap a draft system, and the Philtap mini kegs. They are neat options for a picnic. I have everything I need for the cornelious style, and they keep the beer nicer. I say one 3 gal Cornelious on ebay for $37 and rising that was in poor shape at best, and an as is advertisement. You can buy new or reconditioned ones for $80, but I can get a 5 gal for that same price, or less. Just seeing if anyone knows of a place to find a nice one for the same price or less than the abused on on ebay.
jayhawk
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

here is a thought

Post by jayhawk »

My HBS has 5 or 6 gal (not sure if US or Imp gal) used kegs for $CDN 45. I am not sure what shipping would be, but since you are looking at ebay, I assume you have already decided that shipping costs would be a factor. Since you are dealing in US$, there would also be an automatic discount because of exchange rates. Here is his email: dansmall@pacificcoast.net. Good luck. Let me know if you strike a deal.

Chris
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Home Beer Wine Cheese, CA

Post by Push Eject »

My local HBS had them at a great price... John may still have a few.

http://www.homebeerwinecheese.com

Cheers,
Ollie
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Thanks

Post by fitz »

Thanks for the info. The 3 gal kegs are at a great price. I can get 4 for the same price as one of the 5 gal one elsewhere. Don't know what the shipping will be, but that price can handle a little shipping charges.