Glass sight guages with chrome plated gards where to source

Buying, building and using brewing equipment and apparatus. Product reviews and questions.

Moderator: slothrob

Indian
Light Lager
Light Lager

Glass sight guages with chrome plated gards where to source

Post by Indian »

Can anyone refer me to a url or supplier whom sells glass sight guages with chrome plated metal guards?

Thanks folks!
brewer13210
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by brewer13210 »

http://morebeer.com/browse.html?keyword ... ry_id=1078
Beer Beer and More Beer has a few, but you can google for other sources.

Todd
Indian
Light Lager
Light Lager

Thanks

Post by Indian »

Todd,

Thank you! I finally found a custom restaurant supplier with excellent stainless steel welders. Labor here is very cheep so now I need a very detailed drawing / plan for a pilot brewery for them to read. Even with a translator it
brewer13210
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by brewer13210 »

100l = 26 gallons. That's a pretty small kettle if you're going to pay a welder to fabricate something. If I was going to set up a actual pilot brewery, I wouldn't go smaller than 3 barrels (352 liters), which is the size of a small brewpub system. Were you thinking of steam or a gas fired kettle?

In the size range you're thinking, you can probably save a lot of money by just cutting the top off a used stainless steel beer keg to turn it in to a kettle.

Todd
soyousee
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Glass sight guages with chrome plated gards where to sou

Post by soyousee »

Indian wrote:Can anyone refer me to a url or supplier whom sells glass sight guages with chrome plated metal guards?

Thanks folks!
Austin Homebrew Supply in Texas .com to you, has a no weld site gage that has only stainless exposed to beer. Their length is 18" cost is $30 + or minus a couple bucks. An e-mail to them might get a longer site glass if you need it. I have one on my BK and it is unbreakable.