OutOfBoundsException on Windows and Linux

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
sethsticles

OutOfBoundsException on Windows and Linux

Post by sethsticles »

I decided to update to the latest and started seeing some funnies. Launching via the icon would show an error window about something being out of bounds (sorry, I don't have the exact message - more on that next) so I decided to purge and reinstall the deb. After reinstalling, rebooting and verifying that I have the dependencies I still can't get it launch from either the terminal or the search bar. From the search bar I get nothing, not even an error window. Launching from the terminal at least gives me:

Code: Select all

Runtime Error
Please report what caused this error along with the information below.
RuntimeCore/ICUStable.cpp: 79
Failure Condition: sLibraryPtr
Could not load ICU library
Lots of follow-up errors about gtk and glib that I can paste if needed. Nothing else seems to be having trouble on my computer. Monitors are fine, everything else runs normally.

Anyone else seen something like this? Or have a fix?

I'm running 14.04, 64-bit
Last edited by sethsticles on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sethsticles

Re: linux issues

Post by sethsticles »

I should add that I reproduced this on another machine of mine
sethsticles

Post by sethsticles »

Looks like it isn't just my linux install. It's happening on Windows, too. Caught a screenshot of the error message.

jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: OutOfBoundsException on Windows and Linux

Post by jeff »

Sorry about the trouble. Those are two very different issues. The Linux issue is caused by missing 32 bit libraries on 64 bit systems. It used to be an easy fix getting 32 bit BeerTools Pro to run on 64 bit. Not the case anymore.

The Windows problem has something to do with a program bug. Does the program launch at all? Do you know where to find your BeerTools Pro library folder? The issue may be connected with updating a database file, and I can duplicate it if you compress and send me your library folder.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
sethsticles

Re: OutOfBoundsException on Windows and Linux

Post by sethsticles »

This is a long overdue update. I finally got things running in Linux again. I did a clean install on Windows and I believe there was a corrupt file somewhere because it seemed to work just fine after a clean install.