BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
zachman

Trial expiration issue.

Post by zachman »

I am running version 1.5.5 and my trial period has expired. I get the following message "This copy of BeerTools Pro has expired! This version of BeerTools is for testing purposes only. For an official release version please visit BeerTools.com." I get the option to click on Exit or Visit BeerTools.com buttons. When I click on Exit, I get the error "An exception of class NiObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down." The only option I get is to click on the OK button. No matter how many times I click on the OK button, the error message does not go away.
Intel Core 2 T7400 2.16Ghz - 1GB Ram - 19" 1280 x 1024 WinXP
dgriffin

Post by dgriffin »

Yea I get the same thing. how do i get back into beer tools?
Dale Hair
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dale Hair »

dgriffin wrote:Yea I get the same thing. how do i get back into beer tools?
Try upgrading to 1.5.6
AMD 64 X2 4600 - 2G Ram - 20" Samsung 206BW 1680x1050 - NVidia GeForce 6100, shared ram - Debian Lenny - gnome desktop
warthog
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

printing, odd color on dark beers, fast draft mode isn't

Post by warthog »

two issues here
when i printed out one of my stout recipes the glass looks dark purple (it might be my printer, but i'm not low on any ink, so i don't think so.
second, when i try to print in fast-draft mode, i get an error (printable area too small), never got that before. using 1.5.6b

Reviewed.
PC 2.6ghz cel, XPpro,2gbRAM, 1920x1200
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by dasein668 »

This isn't exactly a bug, but I thought it should go here, as it probably should be addressed.

Today when I was creating some various folders to organize my recipes, I had an issue with the naming of the folders.

I named one folder "Rec: House Recipes" then created a new folder and tried to name it "Rec: Tested/Brewed". When I did this I got an alert/error message saying "Please use a different name." There was no specification about what was wrong with the name that I had tried to use. I assumed it was because I couldn't use the "/" character, so I tried renaming it without that character and I got the message again. Ultimately I determined that I couldn't use any punctuation characters, even though I had used the semicolon in the first folder name.

I'm not sure why I was able to use the punctuation in one folder name and not the other. But more importantly, some greater information in the alert window about what might be wrong with the name that I tried to use would be helpful. I was able to figure it out, of course, but the "Please use a different name." wasn't especially enlightening! :wink:

Fixed in version 1.5.7.
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11
lonte
Light Lager
Light Lager

BeerXML import

Post by lonte »

I have exported a recipe from BeerSmith using it's BeerXML export tool. I am assuming it is well structured BeerXML, it certainly passes as well structured XML. Using the BTP import tool it prompts for the import file OK then just appears to completely ignore the action. No data is imported that I can see, but no error is produced.

I'm happy to provide the BeerXML file used (can't see how to attach it to this post though).
Dell Latitude D610 laptop, 1GB RAM, Pentium M 1.6GHz, WinXP SP2
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: BeerXML import

Post by jeff »

lonte wrote:I have exported a recipe from BeerSmith using it's BeerXML export tool. I am assuming it is well structured BeerXML, it certainly passes as well structured XML. Using the BTP import tool it prompts for the import file OK then just appears to completely ignore the action. No data is imported that I can see, but no error is produced.

I'm happy to provide the BeerXML file used (can't see how to attach it to this post though).
You can send the file to me in an email and I will take a look at it. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
lonte
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lonte »

jeff wrote:
You can send the file to me in an email and I will take a look at it. Thanks!
e-mail sent. Lonte.
Dell Latitude D610 laptop, 1GB RAM, Pentium M 1.6GHz, WinXP SP2
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

lonte wrote:e-mail sent. Lonte.
Thanks for sending the file. BTP was having trouble identifying the file type so it ignored the file. With some other Beer XML files, the .btp file format was assumed which caused problems too. I've made some improvements which will appear in the next update.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
JoshMarquart
Light Lager
Light Lager

Can't launch, no 1.5.6 download?

Post by JoshMarquart »

I can't launch since the license expired and when I go to get the latest update, it is not available.
iMac - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS X 10.5.2
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Can't launch, no 1.5.6 download?

Post by jeff »

JoshMarquart wrote:I can't launch since the license expired and when I go to get the latest update, it is not available.
Does the download page come up blank with no available files?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
JoshMarquart
Light Lager
Light Lager

Can't download 1.5.6

Post by JoshMarquart »

I can get to the page where it downloads, but when I click on the link, it opens a new tab in firefox and then starts filling it with all kinds of crazy characters. It seems to be putting the file into the web page instead of downloading it. Any ideas?
iMac - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
OS X 10.5.2
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Can't download 1.5.6

Post by jeff »

JoshMarquart wrote:I can get to the page where it downloads, but when I click on the link, it opens a new tab in firefox and then starts filling it with all kinds of crazy characters. It seems to be putting the file into the web page instead of downloading it. Any ideas?
Sorry for the trouble. See if it works now. The new server did not have the .dmg mime type configured so it handled the download like it was an ordinary text file. I tested it in FireFox; you may have to clear your cache. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Water Chemistry editor bug...

Post by TCBrewguy »

When I pull up the Water Chemistry editor and click on "new" for either water profiles or mineral salts, the browser window shows up in the background but is grayed out. When I click on it I get the Mac "error" sound and can't select anything in the browser. It's only when I close the Water Chemistry editor window that I can select any of the profiles/salts.

Fixed in version 1.5.7.
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: Water Chemistry editor bug...

Post by dasein668 »

TCBrewguy wrote:When I pull up the Water Chemistry editor and click on "new" for either water profiles or mineral salts, the browser window shows up in the background but is grayed out. When I click on it I get the Mac "error" sound and can't select anything in the browser. It's only when I close the Water Chemistry editor window that I can select any of the profiles/salts.

Fixed in version 1.5.7.
+1, except I clicked on "browse" rather than "new". Same results though.
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11