BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
wactuary
Light Lager
Light Lager

multi-stage batch sparge display issue

Post by wactuary »

When opening up the edit window for a multi-stage batch sparge that was previously created, the window starts at the size for a single stage, and the summary stats are written over the second stage stats. Clicking the +/- buttons to insert then delete a stage forces a screen refresh that fixes the display. Minimizing and Maximizing is not enough to fix display. Buttons and text boxes seem to work even though they are obscured by the display issue.
Main: Asus P5B Dlx with e6600 (Conroe), 2GB Ram, Nvidia 7600GS, 1280x1024, Fully updated Ubuntu 8.04 w/ Backports repository enabled (64bit version), 1.5.11 beta installed, Sun Java-6
wactuary
Light Lager
Light Lager

Another display issue

Post by wactuary »

On the main screen, even with the window maximized, to the right of Kettle Volume, there is a check box. When I check that box, I can see that something appears to the right, but it is 99% obscured by the Efficiency Label. Similarly, to the right of Efficiency is another check box. And when selected I can see that to the right is another box that is 99% obscured by the Beer Tools pint glass color meter thing. To the right of these things is about 5" of unused blank space.

I'll update my footer with screen size, resolution and anything else I think is pertinent. Let me know if you need any more details or screenshots.
Main: Asus P5B Dlx with e6600 (Conroe), 2GB Ram, Nvidia 7600GS, 1280x1024, Fully updated Ubuntu 8.04 w/ Backports repository enabled (64bit version), 1.5.11 beta installed, Sun Java-6
wactuary
Light Lager
Light Lager

Warning in terminal when opening file

Post by wactuary »

Just an FYI, this may not be a problem. I opened BTP from a terminal to see if when I tried to print if I got any errors that might be useful. Unfortunately, I got nothing to the terminal when attempting to print. I did notice, however that when I choose File - Open, I get the following message to my Terminal:

Code: Select all

(BeerTools Pro 1.5 Linux:32331): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/filesystems/libgio.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Reproduceable, same message every time I open the Open dialog box. I'm not sure if that is a problem, everything seems to be fine as far as I can tell.
slothrob

yeast search

Post by slothrob »

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug or a confusing feature...

When I have yeast up in the inventory window, then do a search for "wlp002", a number of yeast show up, none of which is WLP002. I think it's searching the description field, but not the catalog number field. I know these yeast better by their number than by their name, so it would be useful to include the catalog number in the search.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP