BeerTools Pro Bug Reports Archive B

Found a problem? Post details on BeerTools Pro errors and how they are caused.
rrosa
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by rrosa »

jeff wrote:The Window->Info panel is very helpful too if left open as you click on different items.
That's great! Exactly what I wanted. I am wondering if it is new or if I missed it in the previous version. Anyway, it is great! Thanks!

Not a bug.
Ricardo - http://cervejarte.org/blog
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2Gb SDRAM running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8
lucas
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by lucas »

when you pick litres as your unit of volume, the shorthand suffix showing is a lowercase 'l'. whilst not wrong, it's a bit confusing in the font used (at least on osx 10.5) as it looks a bit like another 1 (one) with funny spacing. using an upper case 'L' would be less ambiguous

Fixed in version 1.5.3.
Systems: 13" Black Macbook Core2Duo 2.0 GHz - 2GB Ram - 1280 x 800 - OSX 10.5.2, Homemade Hackintosh 3.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB Ram - 19" CRT 1280 x 1024 - OS X 10.5.1
edogbert

Re: Activation Key

Post by edogbert »

jeff wrote:
edogbert wrote:when i enter my activation key it does not give me an ok, it just allows me to go to the trial again, and in a few hours i have to re enter the key for it to stop saying that i am in trial mode. and it just reloads the trial key.
BTP is telling you that the trial will expire within a few hours?

Its not saying that it will expire in a few hours, it askes me to enter my activation key in every few hours. when the key is not in the button on the bottom says regester in graytone so you cant click on it. the moment i enter the key the button changes to Begin Trial, if i click on it the program wants to reload. does the same thing is i just cut and paste the key or enter it manual.

Not a bug.
PFBrew
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PFBrew »

Linux Bug

#######

Style sliders graph overwrites and corrupts(visually) other tabs. For example, select schedule tab, then change graph type. Happens on Carbonation(primer type tab) tab too. Changing drop down seems to trigger it.

Verified.
CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.0Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
NVidia GeForce 7950GT 512 MB
1920x1200
PFBrew
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PFBrew »

Water Ingredient Issues:

1. Water added to recipe doesn't save.
2. Can't drag water from Ingredients to a recipe, but right-click add to recipe works.
3. Can't add water from Ingredients to My Ingredients.

Reviewed.
1920x1200
member999

Inventory & Unit issues

Post by member999 »

Is there a way to add something to the database library, eg another grain?
Is it intended that you cannot open a grain editor box on database grains?

RE: units - no preference option for SG vs. Plato or oe in general unit preferences.
In grain editor window, I am allowed to modify units with "right click", but it is not sticky - when I open it up again, the units are back to oe,SRM, USD, or whatever I changed from.

Not a bug. (current limitation in DB)
DKB
MacPro dual 3MHz quadcore Intel with Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), 4GB RAM, 350+750GB+ 1TB disks, 20" display 1680x1050
Dale Hair
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dale Hair »

The print function does not work.

Reviewed.
AMD 64 X2 4600 - 2G Ram - 20" Samsung 206BW 1680x1050 - NVidia GeForce 6100, shared ram - Debian Lenny - gnome desktop
slothrob

Re: Inventory & Unit issues

Post by slothrob »

member999 wrote:Is there a way to add something to the database library, eg another grain?

RE: units - no preference option for SG vs. Plato or oe in general unit preferences.
In grain editor window, I am allowed to modify units with "right click", but it is not sticky - when I open it up again, the units are back to oe,SRM, USD, or whatever I changed from.
Duplicated.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
bzwrxbz
Double IPA
Double IPA

calendar font size problem

Post by bzwrxbz »

the calendar font size is different than the rest, so, it does not show up correctly

also, i am forced to use the control, when i just want to modify the date with text entry (probably not a bug, but by design though)

cheers,

Reviewed.
Fermenting : Ordinary Bitter, Hefe
Bottled : Too many bottles

WinXP PentiumIV Res:1920x1200 120DPI

Blog: http://hobbybrau.blogspot.com
Dale Hair
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by Dale Hair »

When I add gypsum as an ingredient it is not saved in the recipe.

ver 1.5.2b

Reviewed.
AMD 64 X2 4600 - 2G Ram - 20" Samsung 206BW 1680x1050 - NVidia GeForce 6100, shared ram - Debian Lenny - gnome desktop
GTIBrewFast
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: Inventory & Unit issues

Post by GTIBrewFast »

member999 wrote:Is there a way to add something to the database library, eg another grain?

1) Along these lines, I deleted an item from "My Ingredients" and was prompted that it would be deleted from the database, which I find means that it was deleted from the Ingredient DB in addition to My Ingredients. I can add it back into My Ingredients & it is still in the original recipe but I can not drag it to the Ingredient DB. The Plus/Minus icons are grayed out on the Ingredient DB.

2) EDIT: resolved with new download file replacing 1.5.1
------
1.5.2 also displays 1.5.1B in the Help -> About BTP
------

Not a bug.
Last edited by GTIBrewFast on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acer Aspire 5003WLCI, Turion64 1.6GHz, 512MB, XPh, 60GB
rrosa
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by rrosa »

In "Volume Adjustments" and "Packaging", for instance, the unit in the "Total" is set to gallons and I can't find a way to change it. I set preferences to liter and use liter or milliliter in "Amount" and "Capacity" columns, but the total is still shown in gallons.

Also, when right clicking to view the unit options the metric units liter and milliliter are still shown with lower case "l".

Fixed in version 1.5.3.

I am using the latest version 1.5.2b (no updates available when clicking "Check updates").
Ricardo - http://cervejarte.org/blog
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2Gb SDRAM running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Clegg
Light Lager
Light Lager

Recipe import from network drive

Post by Clegg »

I suspect that recipe import does not work correctly from a network drive. I did a recipe scan on recipes that I had on my network drive (P) and it did not find any recipes. However, when I copied the same recipe folder to my desktop and did a scan all my recipes were found.

Reviewed.
Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, ATI Mobile Radeon 7500, 1024x768 32 bit, Windows XP Professional.
PFBrew
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by PFBrew »

Is there a way to organize my recipes? I imported all my 1.0 recipes and there were placed in an imported Recipe folder. Now I can't move them anywhere. Seems like I should be able to drag and drop my recipes into whatever folder I'd like. For instance, if I'd like to create a folderd under recipes for Ales and lagers and keep related recipes in the specified folders.

Maybe it wasn't designed this way or am I missing something. Actually, I just tried with some other items and I can't seem to drag between list view and item view. So, if that is by design, how about when I right-click a recipe I get a list of my created recipe directories? Like, right-click recipe and get a "move to directory name"

Found Work Around: Move Recipes in the OS and rebuild library( not sure if the later is required)

Reviewed. (known issue; drag and drop does not work properly on Linux)
1920x1200
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Yes and No

Post by lathe »

PFBrew wrote:Is there a way to organize my recipes? I imported all my 1.0 recipes and there were placed in an imported Recipe folder. Now I can't move them anywhere. Seems like I should be able to drag and drop my recipes into whatever folder I'd like.
If you are using a Mac or a PC the answer is yes. Currently much of the drag and drop functionality isn't working in the Linux build. We will give you an update when we have some news in this regard.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff