Feature Requests Archive B

Suggestions and discussion about upcoming features in future BeerTools Pro releases.
TCBrewguy
Double IPA
Double IPA

Re: New BJCP guidelines...

Post by TCBrewguy »

mrkristofo wrote:
jeff wrote:
TCBrewguy wrote:Just a 'heads up' re the BJCP guidelines. They have been revised for 2008 and there are some important changes that should be updated in the style guidelines database for BTP.

For inquiring minds, HERE is a .pdf of the changes.
Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look at them so I can decide if they should run concurrent or replace the old. Any thoughts?
Replace the old. The changes aren't that dramatic.
+1
MacBook Pro 15.4" / 2GHz CPU / 250 GB HD / 1.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / OS X v10.5.8 / 1440 x 900 display / BTP v1.5.12
slothrob

Re: New BJCP guidelines...

Post by slothrob »

jeff wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look at them so I can decide if they should run concurrent or replace the old. Any thoughts?
The consensus I've heard is that the changes are minor, but needed, improvements to the old guidelines.
I'd vote for replacing the old ones.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
Beerme
Light Lager
Light Lager

BJCP Guidelines

Post by Beerme »

I vote for replacing the old with the new and I second the motion to include standard common measurements for heating and mashing vessels.

I really enjoy using BTP and am looking forward to the beta testing.
John_Ferens

Process sheet / Session notes

Post by John_Ferens »

I've always wanted an improved method for both planning a session, such as in a process sheet with all the steps (prepare 7 gallons of water, heat to 165, add to n pounds grains, etc.) - with check off capability and even better, the ability to add session notes along the way.

I brew by myself and also with a group. Especially for the group, I have process sheets that detail additions, times, steps, etc. At various points, I have refreactometer readings (PH would be nice too) with what it should read and what it actually reads during the session. This allows us to make modifications, if possible, to adjust things (e.g.: add more dme/water).

Currently I simply use Word, but would love to have it all linked together with a brew session that contains the recipe and all the other attendant tools.

Oh, and a session TIMER would be handy as well - somebody gave a link to a homegrown one in BYO and it is handy to have.

Thanks,
John.
bludrgn
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: New BJCP guidelines

Post by bludrgn »

I say replace them with the new ones as well.

Maurice
All Grain

Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 805 2.66GHz 2 Gig Dual display Samsung SyncMaster 753DF Compaq V75
attitude

Post by attitude »

I really like the inventory feature. I'm getting ready to go all grain, But one thing i would've liked to of had , Would have been a all grain to extract conversion feature and vice versa.Another thing would be a way to put a few recipes on my smartphone( maybe save as HTML feature), Just in case of an unscheduled pass by your local HBS. Hope i can help

thanks mike
HP Pavilion dv1040US*Pentium M 1.6GHz*14.0 15:9 ratio 1280 X 768 res WXGA HD rightview Widescreen*1 GB Ram*
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

re..attitude

Post by wottaguy »

hi attitude,

you can save as html..and other file types..goto File/Export Text...make your choice from the dialog that appears. Its a handy feature!

(_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Start-up SS?

Post by wottaguy »

Not too much of a feature per-se, but I feel that a start-up Splash Screen is needed while the app is launching. (Gives the user an indication that something real good is going to happen) :)

(_)3

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
attitude

Re: re..attitude

Post by attitude »

Yea i saw that and tried it., But cant seem to find it. Where does it make a copy to?

wottaguy wrote:hi attitude,

you can save as html..and other file types..goto File/Export Text...make your choice from the dialog that appears. Its a handy feature!

(_)3
HP Pavilion dv1040US*Pentium M 1.6GHz*14.0 15:9 ratio 1280 X 768 res WXGA HD rightview Widescreen*1 GB Ram*
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

re..attitude...

Post by wottaguy »

Hi attitude,

What you need to do is to copy the code to the clipboard...then open notepad and paste it, then save the file with a html file extension to where you can find it.

EX: myrecipe.html

:)

Hope this helps!

(_)3

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
attitude

Post by attitude »

Im not that good with computers. Where is the clipboard?is it in the beertools program. We might have to think of the people who arent so savy with the computer.With promash i can go to the print section and save it as a HTML file.maybe make it simpler
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Clipboard...

Post by lathe »

attitude,

If you press the "copy" button, the html will be placed in your computers clipboard. Once you have done that, "paste" it into an empty plain text file (notepad). Saving that plain text file with the .html extension creates an html file.

EX: myrecipe.html

Open the file with your internet browser to test it.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
shaggaroo

Re: New BJCP guidelines

Post by shaggaroo »

I say replace old with the new.

Jeff
PowerBook G4 15", OSX 10.4.11, 1.33 GHz, 1.25 GB ram, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 - 1280 x 854: Millions, CDRW-DVDRom; Mac Mini, OSX 10.4.11, 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB ram, CDRW-DVDRom, ext. DVD
yngvey

Label printer feature?

Post by yngvey »

Hi,

an add-on making it possible to print labels directly from the btp GUI. Options as name, carbs, %, ingredients, serving temp, etc... :shock:

Yngve
lonte
Light Lager
Light Lager

Inventory feature

Post by lonte »

Would be nice for the inventory feature to have an 'on order' amount as well as an on hand amount.
Dell Latitude D610 laptop, 1GB RAM, Pentium M 1.6GHz, WinXP SP2