beertools pro on a pixel slate chromebook

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jawsfree
Light Lager
Light Lager

beertools pro on a pixel slate chromebook

Post by jawsfree »

I am pulling the trigger on a pixel slate, don't try and stop me, and was interested to see if I could run the Linux version on it. I will get the 8th Gen Core i5 version 8GB Ram 128GB storage. Has anyone had any success using on any chromebooks?

Thanks,
Jason
AMD Phenom IIX4 830 Processor 2.80 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: beertools pro on a pixel slate chromebook

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

I can't answer your question about the Chromebook, but I can tell you that BTP runs fine on Linux. However, you should know that it looks like any future development has been abandoned. That latest Linux (Debian) version is 2.0.22 while Windows and Mac are up to 2.0.24. Last July I asked if there were any plans to update Linux as well, but I never got and answer.
BTP 2.0.22 (Linux (.deb) 64 bit)
BTP 2.0.24 (Windows 10-20H2)
BTP 2.1.0.9 Beta (Windows 10-20H2)
jawsfree
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by jawsfree »

ColoradoBrewer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:56 am future development has been abandoned. That latest Linux (Debian) version is 2.0.22 while Windows and Mac are up to 2.0.24. Last July I asked if there were any plans to update Linux as well, but I never got and answer.
Thanks ColoradoBrewer. I guess it might be time to look elsewhere for my brewing solutions. :(
6.00 GB RAM
Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

Unfortunately the Linux version starting failing to build along with the other versions. The lapse in concurrency is a result of that and not a decision to drop support. However, the lack of interest in the Linux version makes is difficult to justify devoting significant resources to identifying and fixing the build problem; especially since version 2.0.22 seems to still be working for most users.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jawsfree
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by jawsfree »

tried to install on pixel slate running linux Debian 9 (Stretch) but it does not give any options to install. Any help?
6.00 GB RAM
Service Pack 1
64-bit Operating System