Batch Sparge Final Temp

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
nippy

Batch Sparge Final Temp

Post by nippy »

I'm in the process of dialing in my vessel and heat source profile in Beertools, and I'm mostly getting the hang of it.

But I have a question about my final temp reading in the fly sparge editor. So I've prepared a schedule for my Braumeister with a mash-in step, some rests and direct heat. That all seems to make sense. After the mash I generally employ a poor man's fly sparge by just pouring in a jug of water over the grain to reach my pre-boil volume.

Using the fly sparge editor I enter in the numbers and it works out to be 5 a liter sparge volume into a 30 liter bach at 76c (sorry metric here). All Good.

But the final temp it automatically calculates is only about 30c. This seems way to low (it should remain in the 70's somewhere I assume). Am I doing something wrong?
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Batch Sparge Final Temp

Post by jawbox »

I can probably send you a recipe file to help later. I have a BM20
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

Take a look at the attached. I think it may help you out. I think you are better off using batch sparge rather than fly as its closer to what you are doing.
Attachments
Helles v1.1.btp
(36.38 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
nippy

Post by nippy »

Thanks for that jawbox, I appreciate it! Turns out I had plugged the wrong data into my vessel editor which threw everything else out of whack. It's all starting to make more sense now. :D