How to Close a Recipe without Shutting Down the Program

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
splashmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

How to Close a Recipe without Shutting Down the Program

Post by splashmike »

I would like to know how to clear a recipe that I've opened without shutting down the entire program. Both CTRL-W and CTRL-Q shut down the entire program. It would seem that based on the descriptions CTRL-Q should "exit" the program and CTRL-W should "close" the open recipe, but this is not the case. Can anyone provide some guidance? This has baffled me forever.

Thanks.
splashmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

Re: How to Close a Recipe without Shutting Down the Program

Post by splashmike »

Apologies as I see I asked this question a while ago and Jeff did respond. I do still find it odd that there isn't an easy way to clear a recipe so you are back to your starting recipe template (i.e., a blank slate on which to work). Perhaps I'm missing this.
bpylant
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by bpylant »

I always start a new recipe with a template recipe, which includes all of my brew data (mash tun, boil kettle, brewhouse efficiency, boiloff, mash schedule, target volumes, etc.) so when I need to switch to a new blank recipe I just open that.
BTP 2.1.2 64-Bit
Database 11.1
macOS 12.2
MacBook Pro (14 Inch, 2021)
32GB RAM
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

splashmike wrote:Apologies as I see I asked this question a while ago and Jeff did respond. I do still find it odd that there isn't an easy way to clear a recipe so you are back to your starting recipe template (i.e., a blank slate on which to work). Perhaps I'm missing this.
I usually hit the new item button while a recipe folder is selected. This closes the current recipe and creates a new recipe with your default settings.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff