BTP 1.0.23 failed to load.

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:30 am

BTP 1.0.23 failed to load.

Post by etbandit » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:27 am

Jeff,

Unsure why, but 1.0.23 like 1.0.22 failed to load. The below error message pops up. 1.0.21 runs fine though on my Mac OS 10.2.8, 1Ghz, PowerPC.

Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
Location/volumes/RBUS/common/plugin.cpp:7086
Failure condition:pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(entrypoinName, out)
Failure Message:can't find plugin method
SSLSocket.Events.connected

Is anyone getting the same error message?

User avatar
Peanutt
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:16 pm

Installed fine for me

Post by Peanutt » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:56 am

WIN XP

I had no problems other than I had to click on check for updates in order for BTP to tell me there was an update.

User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 8:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC
Contact:

Installation

Post by jeff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:08 am

What steps do you use to install BTP?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff

User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 8:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC
Contact:

Jaguar

Post by jeff » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:54 am

I tested BTP on Jaguar, and I had the same problem you had. The error is something that I can't fix because it is a compiler issue. Beginning with version 1.0.22 BTP is built as a Universal Binary; and apparently these don't work with anything less than 10.3.x. I recommend that you continue to use version 1.0.21 until I figure out a way to post a legacy download for Jaguar users or you upgrade OS X, which ever comes first. However, it is inevitable that old versions of OS X will not be supported indefinitely; especially as PowerPC is phased out.

I will continue to search the web for clues on how to fix the error, but I haven't been able to find anything substantial yet. If I find anything, I will let you know.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff

etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:30 am

Thanks Jeff.

Post by etbandit » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:04 am

Cheers Jeff.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved for Jaguar users.

Could this also be related to why the Pre-boil gravity doesnt appear when I mouse over the OG or final volume fields?

User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 8:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC
Contact:

Re: Thanks Jeff.

Post by jeff » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:16 am

etbandit wrote:Could this also be related to why the Pre-boil gravity doesnt appear when I mouse over the OG or final volume fields?
No doubt. :(
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff

User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 8:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC
Contact:

Re: BTP 1.0.23 failed to load.

Post by jeff » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:41 pm

etbandit wrote:Jeff,

Unsure why, but 1.0.23 like 1.0.22 failed to load. The below error message pops up. 1.0.21 runs fine though on my Mac OS 10.2.8, 1Ghz, PowerPC.

Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
Location/volumes/RBUS/common/plugin.cpp:7086
Failure condition:pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(entrypoinName, out)
Failure Message:can't find plugin method
SSLSocket.Events.connected

Is anyone getting the same error message?
I have compiled a PowerPC version of BTP. Please let me know if you want to switch to this build in your downloads manager. Thanks!
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff

etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:30 am

Re: BTP 1.0.23 failed to load.

Post by etbandit » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:03 am

jeff wrote:
etbandit wrote:Jeff,

Unsure why, but 1.0.23 like 1.0.22 failed to load. The below error message pops up. 1.0.21 runs fine though on my Mac OS 10.2.8, 1Ghz, PowerPC.

Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
Location/volumes/RBUS/common/plugin.cpp:7086
Failure condition:pluginEntryTable.GetEntry(entrypoinName, out)
Failure Message:can't find plugin method
SSLSocket.Events.connected

Is anyone getting the same error message?
I have compiled a PowerPC version of BTP. Please let me know if you want to switch to this build in your downloads manager. Thanks!

Downloaded and tried running 1.0.24 but still got the same error message.

Please switch me over to the PowerPC version of BTP for Jaguar users. Thanks heaps!

User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 8:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC
Contact:

Re: BTP 1.0.23 failed to load.

Post by jeff » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:40 am

etbandit wrote:Please switch me over to the PowerPC version of BTP for Jaguar users. Thanks heaps!
Done :D
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff

etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:30 am

Re: BTP 1.0.23 failed to load.

Post by etbandit » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:46 am

jeff wrote:
etbandit wrote:Please switch me over to the PowerPC version of BTP for Jaguar users. Thanks heaps!
Done :D
Jeff,

Just downloaded and tried loading the PowerPC version of 1.0.24 but I get exactly the same error message.

I have no idea why it ain't loading???

User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 8:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC
Contact:

Re: BTP 1.0.23 failed to load.

Post by jeff » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:38 am

etbandit wrote:Just downloaded and tried loading the PowerPC version of 1.0.24 but I get exactly the same error message.

I have no idea why it ain't loading???
I uploaded a new build that should work. This is the last legacy build that will be made available, as it requires an old compiler to create. All future versions will be compiled for OS X 10.3 and up.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff

etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:30 am

Thanks Jeff.

Post by etbandit » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:00 am

1.0.25 is now working on Jaguar. Many Thanks.

etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:30 am

Switching BTP back from legacy to normal build.

Post by etbandit » Sat May 05, 2007 4:06 am

jeff wrote:
etbandit wrote:Just downloaded and tried loading the PowerPC version of 1.0.24 but I get exactly the same error message.I have no idea why it ain't loading???
I uploaded a new build that should work. This is the last legacy build that will be made available, as it requires an old compiler to create. All future versions will be compiled for OS X 10.3 and up.
Jeff,

I am looking to upgrade to OS 10.4 soon. Could you please switch my downloads from the legacy build back to the normal build for BTP? That way I can down 1.0.26 and the upcoming 1.1 versions.

I am currently limited to downloading Legacy 1.0.25 in "My BeerTools" at the moment.

Cheers.

Thunders Beer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 8:46 pm

Post by Thunders Beer » Sun May 06, 2007 8:50 pm

I am trying to load beertools pro on my older desktop computer. It is running 10.2.6. I copied it over, but my key doesn't work. What do I do next. I have it running currently on a Powerbook.

User avatar
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2000 8:16 pm
Location: Hollywood, SC
Contact:

Post by jeff » Sun May 06, 2007 9:02 pm

Thunders Beer wrote:my key doesn't work
Please elaborate, thanks.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff

Post Reply